feeling tired

Options
Hi, everyone!
I have been exercising 6x a week for about 1 hour and a half. I am also eating healthy every single day...lots of fruit, vegetables, low fat dairy and protein and whole grains. I have lost 13 lbs so far.
But I am feeling tired and sleepy all the time and dont have energy to do anything. Wasn't it supposed to be the opposite? Aren't we supposed to have lots of energy when we are having a healthy life?
I have no idea why this is happening, can anybody help me?

Replies

• tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough carbs? We really do need carbs for energy, complex carbs are prefferable because they take time to work through your system and don't spike your blood suger.
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem and I also am hypoglycemic so my doctor suggested to up my protein to fuel more energy and keep my blood sugar up. I feel great now! Don't forget to eat some if not all of you exercise cals. You may not be eating enough. =) Good Luck and I hope you figure it out soon.
  • faerygal
    faerygal Posts: 51
    Options
    sounds like you are doing really well!you are eating good food,are you getting enough cals?Also get your thyroid checked.I got diagnosed a year ago as I was fit as a fiddle but exhausted and couldn't figure out why.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I always get a bit tired around 2:30 - 3:00 in the afternoon. Usually I'll hop on the treadmill and this gives me energy. Sometimes I'll just relax and take a little nap, or read or whatever.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Try eating more protein. I have been feeling more tired since I added running to my workouts. A little extra protein gives me my energy back.
  • Virgology80
    Options
    Make sure you aren't eating under 1200 calories, keep your protein up and make sure you are eating enough carbs. (Try to stay away from them at night though). Do you eat 5-6 small meals a day??