Dairy and gluten free recipes

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
Hi

So I've been put on a strict gluten free and dairy free diet by my doctor... but I'm at a loss as to what to cook! One or the other wouldn't pose too much difficulty... but both is a little tricky.

Anyone out there in the same situation with some tasty recipes?

Thanks
Heather

Replies

• amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sorry, bumping because I am lactose intolerant (no gluten intolerance, but I just tend to have very little of it anyway so some recipes for it won't hurt lol)
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Google Paleo Recipes - they all have to be dairy and gluten free :D
    Good luck!
  • hbunting86
    Options
    I looked at paleo - they tend to be very meat-based though? I don't eat a lot of meat because, again, stomach issues. No grains and no acidic things. Generally a nightmare! I've been existing on tuna and eggs mainly... but that is REALLY starting to get old!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    can you eat small portions of meat? and just eat more meals per day?

my wife is having a few gut problems. chicken doesnt seem to hurt her at all. even in portions as big as 200gm.
    also kangaroo if you can source it in your area.

anything higher in fat seems to give her hell, lol. lean mince seems to be okay too.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Look at Korean food... I love japchae. Also, quinoa (see the Quinoa thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/790690-the-quinoa-thread ) and veggies and hummus.
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Thanks - I'll look up japchae.

I'm going to start adding in small amounts of meat and see what I can and can't tolerate. Can't deal with pork or fattier meats like you say.

I've just attempted to throw together an oven baked frittata loaf type thing - basically just eggs, veggies and some tuna so we'll see what that turns out like... urgh what a headache.
  • Chewster001
    Chewster001 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cut up a baked potato, sauté some onions, throw in the potato, and add a couple of scrambled eggs, salt and pepper... Coat everything in the scrambled eggs and let it cook into a frittata type thing. You can add mushrooms, or other veggies, too. It's kinda awesome.

Bob's Red Mill Grits are gluten free, too.

So is rice and beans... which when combined form a complete protein according to my nutrition class.