I need a dedicated "buddy"...

Options
I am looking to be held accountable for my lack of working out... I need a motivation buddy. I need someone who wants to be my friend, who fits these qualifications 1) logs in everyday 2) knows many exercises that do not require equiptment, and how to use them to target areas of the body 3) will go to my page each day and post one new exercise for me to do that night when I get home from work and get my baby girl to bed.

I need the workout to be 30 minutes no matter what it is, and all I have are 2 30 lb weights, and 2 2lb weights. I don't have time or money for a gym, and I know there is plenty I can do to get in shape without going to a gym or buying lots of equipment.

I have a goal. I want to lose 10 more lbs before March (going to Florida), or 5 lbs, and 2 inches off each thigh... I know I can do it with someone motivating me :-)

Here is my information: I am a 27 y/o female, I am 5'7'', I am currently 140 lbs... started my weight loss journey after my daughter was born because I gained 50 lbs. In January I was 175, last month I was 135!

I need someone who will help me on the next part of this journey :-)

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Already on your list lovely lady, but would totally refriend you again!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    so you want someone to be your babysitter???
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Check this out for some boxing workouts. You can do them without dumbells too

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/taunto/view/at-home-workout-routine-265940

Not trying to be a friend but you are a friend of Mirey so wanted to drop a helpful word and tell you that from your "requirements" list, it literally sounds like you want a personal coach when really, you just need a few friends who communicate and some basic knowledge of good body weight workouts that you can youtube (or read my post for some ideas)

Hope this helped. Good luck :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    so you want someone to be your babysitter???

now now Cap'n... play nicely!

a lot of friends may not have the time to do the daily workout bit... but it's always pretty easy to dish a kick in the *kitten*. :-P
    all I'd recommend JRue is that you update to add what you'll do in return. :) If you have a motivated buddy, will you research and return the favor to them? If so, then you BOTH win, because you're both learning and growing. :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    okay... let me write something a little more supportive.

go here: http://www.spartanrace.com/wod/

you will get a daily work out... or a "work out of the day," a WOD. it gets emailed to you every day.

they are usually body weight exercises, and some cardio. usually very different and varied. they can be adjusted as need be for different levels of difficulty.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    There are lots of workouts online, videos on YouTube, etc. You can customize your own workout to your preferences. Targeting specific areas will improve muscle function, and if you are using resistance/weights you will increase muscle mass, but targeting areas does not make you lose fat in those areas. Fat comes off from wherever it darn well pleases. People can encourage you but they can't take ownership of this last stretch for you. Good luck! :)

I'd be happy to post a few links for you once my little guy is down for a nap.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

you will get a daily work out... or a "work out of the day," a WOD. it gets emailed to you every day.

they are usually body weight exercises, and some cardio. usually very different and varied. they can be adjusted as need be for different levels of difficulty.

*MUAH* thanks Cap'n!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I misunderstood the meaning of buddy in quotes.

Best of luck though in your pursuit of your fitness goals!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

THanks for the link!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    You don't need a friend you need a babysitter. If you can't take control of yourself it will NEVER work. one word: accountability!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options

I came expecting a train wreck and found a shiny. Thanks!
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh Captain!
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the 30 day shred as it is only 22 mins long and all you need are your 2lb handweights to start :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    btw, also lookup "insanity". its a very good program in my humble opinion and there are ways to get it cheap (free)
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!! I just sent you a request...when I get information, I'll pass it along to you. :-) Congrats on your progress so far! :-)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the "nice" comments. And boo to all the not so nice ones. Maybe I do need a babysitter. I have been exhausted lately from many things I cannot control and maybe a good kick in the *kitten* is what I need :-) The 30 day shred sounds awesome! Thank you for that suggestion :-) My only problem right now, is that I don't have the internet at home just yet, as one of the things that has been tireing me out, and stressing me, is that we just moved. What a workout in itself!!! So, once I get the net at home I can start doing more :-) And yes, I would reciprocate help/advice/motivation to those who help me :-)
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the 30 day shred as it is only 22 mins long and all you need are your 2lb handweights to start :)

Thank you for the awesome suggestion :-)
  • sylwiabab
    sylwiabab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really liked how quick you were to respond to her post, but most importantly, to offer help!! Very impressive;)

So how about you add me up to the list...?:) I just started not too long ago. I was always very active, but for some reason fell out, and now I might stay dedicated for 2 weeks or so, and I just stop doing it...

I'm not looking to loose weight. I'd like to gain about 10 lbs, but most importantly, stay in shape, be consistent, "muscle up" and just be healthy...

I'd appreciate all help and support;)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Thank you to all the "nice" comments. And boo to all the not so nice ones. Maybe I do need a babysitter. I have been exhausted lately from many things I cannot control and maybe a good kick in the *kitten* is what I need :-) The 30 day shred sounds awesome! Thank you for that suggestion :-) My only problem right now, is that I don't have the internet at home just yet, as one of the things that has been tireing me out, and stressing me, is that we just moved. What a workout in itself!!! So, once I get the net at home I can start doing more :-) And yes, I would reciprocate help/advice/motivation to those who help me :-)

you know, we all have things that come up. you don't want to know what i've been through these last three months.

you can have the most dedicated "buddy" in the world. he or she can check on your profile daily to post a work out and make sure you did it. they might send you inspiration quotes and videos. it might work, but honestly, it'll only work when you've made the decision to take care of yourself and to want to exercise.

in the end we are all responsible for ourselves.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    /thread