what to eat when you have poisoning?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Just came home from the hospital with poisoning.. not feeling too great.
    Flat lemonade and bread seems the only things which I can keep down.

Suggestions?

Did the hospital not give you discharge instructions on what to eat? If not, I'd go with the stuff you can keep down.
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Activated charcoal( a bunch), l-glutathione, chlorella. All good for quick detox

haha no thankyou.
    Was already on acetylcysteine for 24 hrs at the hospital don't need anymore
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just chew on ice chips if water makes you vomit still. Once you're able to keep water down, move on to clear broths (chicken, vegetable, etc.) jello, etc. Once you're able to keep that down, then you can move on to plain, bland foods, dry toast, plain pasta, applesauce, white rice, etc.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
  • tishka11
    Options
    Yes, pharmacies sell the hydration ice blocks :)
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    acetylcysteine suggests what type of poisoning you experienced (you might want to edit that post if you want your reasons to stay private).

Stay hydrated, but a sports drink like gatorade or water with salt tablets would be better than water alone. Eat foods that are plain and contain readily-available carbohydrates so you don't get hypoglycemic as well. Nothing that will tax your liver unduly - no alcohol, and avoid fatty foods and meats, too, most likely.

Are you getting some sort of support after this experience? I hope so.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    They should have gave you some instruction at the hospital. There are not many more hours left until we all die, so I would not worry about it too much.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was just sick like that Sunday night/Monday. Only ate saltine crackers and lemon-lime Gatorade for two days straight. That's really all I could force myself to eat.