• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I never met a cheese I didn't like.

put some cake under it and DAYUM
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese is divine. I love cheese in general, but goat cheese... mmmmm.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Desert Island + Me + One Food = Cheese
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I came for the cheese.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    :: comes back from a lunch break spent rolling around in Wegman's cheese section ::

what?
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I enjoy extra sharp cheddar, swiss, blue or gorganzola cheeses. I have eaten my share over the years but had to limit my amounts. I am taking iron supplements and they don't mix well with dairy products. I use to put cheese on my scrambled eggs or in omelettes and now I have to do without. I take my supplements in the morning. So later on as the day goes by I am hankering for a hunk of cheese. LOL
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    so it seems I have found cheese-fiends anonymous! thank goodness

do the wine-o's meet here also?

Wine-o's meet at my house, Cass!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I never met a cheese I didn't like.

Great on sammiches, amirite?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    so it seems I have found cheese-fiends anonymous! thank goodness

do the wine-o's meet here also?

Wine-o's meet at my house, Cass!

sounds like fun...I'll wear heels ;)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the correct healthy eating advice is to always have wine with cheese.

Apparently it creates a fat-burning metabolism boost, and makes you look 10 years younger overnight. And two sizes smaller.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I honestly have a hard time having cheese in the house. I can go back for slice after slice after slice. I bought a small block of mozarella yesterday to make a healthy, whole wheat spinach artisan pizza with low-fat cheese and I have already cut into it (though only a little) and it calls to me from the dairy cubby. If a cheese plate appeared before me I would eat it ALL. Immediately. Stomach cramps be damned.
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    Desert Island + Me + One Food = Cheese

I have to 2nd that too! Cheese is my weakness... :)
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I find if I go for the stronger cheeses like gorgonzola or Stilton I don't eat as much as I would if I had say cheddar, mozzarella or pepper jack.

^This
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...the more cheese the better!!!

I will tell my dirty secret that, one time in high school, I simply melted cheese in a bowl and ate it with a fork. :blushing:

I still enjoy cheese. Laughing cow triangles, a lovely swiss, light mozzarella, beautifully aged grated parmesean, smoked gouda.

I make it work! (Like my wine!)

You melted it just the ONE time? I did that often as a teenager - didn't help weight loss one bit!

I try to stick to smaller portions of stronger cheeses & brainwash myself into thinking of those mild cheeses as blocks of wax - they're about as tasty!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I discovered yesterday that Trader Joe's sells cheddar cheese with slivers of dark chocolate in it! Of course I had to buy it. Leave it TJ's to combine my 2 of my favorite things. That and a bottle of wine completed the trifecta of guilty delights!

*drools*
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    sweet cheeses, i could talk about this all day. My hubsand is a cheese maker, score!. Mostly I eat goat's cheese because that's what he makes but my favorite fermented milk product is blue cheese of any description but i particularly like blue bree. I weigh it now to keep myself in check and i no longer eat a whole block while i'm thinking about what to make with it.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    cheese lover here too. right now i'm abstaining, but i'm a bit worried about xmas because we will be having a cheese tray put out as an appetizer.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    OH I am not knocking cheese by any means. I said "ONE" of the main reasons I gained 40 pounds. I didn't mention the insane amount of carbs and wine that I used to pair with that delicious cheese. I still have them all, I just now understand the importance of moderation.

Yes, fellow wine-o's and cheese-o's unite :)
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    I discovered yesterday that Trader Joe's sells cheddar cheese with slivers of dark chocolate in it! Of course I had to buy it. Leave it TJ's to combine my 2 of my favorite things. That and a bottle of wine completed the trifecta of guilty delights!

*drools*

that sounds like my dream cheese right there lol!