Mini Goals

Options
I have about 60 pounds to lose total... but that amount can seem a little daunting at times. Especially when losing just 1-2 pounds a week. So I have decided to set mini goals of every 10 pounds. In other words, I weigh 187 right now and my goal is 180.

Has anyone else tried this? Does it seem to offer more motivation to have a more seemingly "reachable" goal versus a larger overall goal?

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I have about 60 pounds to lose total... but that amount can seem a little daunting at times. Especially when losing just 1-2 pounds a week. So I have decided to set mini goals of every 10 pounds. In other words, I weigh 187 right now and my goal is 180.

Has anyone else tried this? Does it seem to offer more motivation to have a more seemingly "reachable" goal versus a larger overall goal?
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    that's what i'm doing... 10lbs per month. i have 94lbs left to lose.. but i just do it in 10lbs it makes it seem easier.. but it's totally working.. april 9.9lbs lost and may 12.1 lbs lost...

it should work for you if it works for me! lol

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I think this sounds like a great idea. Reaching a goal is very rewarding and smaller more reasonable goals will probably give you motivation.

Every pound lost is a great accomplishment and brings you a little closer to your final destination.