Addicted to these breakfast cookies

Options
About 80 cal each, I have 2-3 for breakfast. Really good and more importantly very EASY (no eggs, flour, baking soda, etc). Really they are just oatmeal that you bake in a cookie shape. Best part is I'm full for 3 hours until lunch.

http://watching-what-i-eat.blogspot.com/2012/06/peanut-butter-banana-oat-breakfast.html

Just note I made a few changes:
1) I don't add protein powder or butter extract, as I'm not a believer in that sorta stuff.
2) I sweeten with about 2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey (it's worth it, trust me).
3) I add a bunch of cinnamon, a hint of nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. That's it! Be sure to bake them until crispy around the edges (~30 min), wait til they cool completely, then store them in a sealed container (not in the fridge).
4) Be sure to add the chopped nuts (I use walnuts) and chocolate chips! They bring it to the next level.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You don't believe in protein powder? They have it in most grocery stores now
  • greatm31
    Options
    Nah, I just don't like the flavor. Why have protein powder when you can have peanut butter or nuts or cheese or meat etc etc. Fears of fat content are overrated, I think, what really matters is calorie content, portion size, and making sure food tastes good!