Any one else having a hard time just drinking water?

Options
13»

Replies

• praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Drink soda water when you go out, with a slice of lemon or lime, it's fizzy but still water. If you haven't tried TrueLemon (Lime, Orange, Lemonade, etc), you might want to give it a go.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Some days it's tough, others easier. I love Mio's sweet tea. I have a Contigo container from Target, it holds 24oz. So I try my hardest to drink 3 of these a day, which gives me 9 glasses of water. I can chug one down in seconds. My problem is that I forget to drink it during the day, so I'm getting it all in after 3pm. Ugh.
  • dave_ham
    Options
    The only thing i put in my body, in liquid form, is coffee, liquor or water. Water is put in about 85% of the time. I love water and will never drink sugar water ever again.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have to drink it cold. Like, ice ice cold. Elsewise it actually makes feel nauseous. You do get used to it, though - and the soda thing gets easier to give up. I've gone nearly a month a half and don't want it anymore. It's actually at the point now where when I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty, I prefer the cold water as opposed to the liter of soda in the fridge. Just takes time.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I only drink water when I'm working out. If I'm at a restaurant I get unsweetened tea, or seltzer.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaaaa. I'm still struggling with water. I need more of it for sure.

Lemon slices and Crystal Light packets have been helping.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    i never been a fan of soda....but you can drink tea, crystal light, mio, lemon, etc if u dont want to just drink water

no its more like I want to drink water cause its 0 cals and I like eating out at resterunts and I noticed if I only restict the cals to food I have no prob
    So drink diet soda. Also 0 cals, problem solved...

But what about the cancer-inducing aspartame?!!?!?!?

ya no thank you, I don't like the way it tasts and also the whole cancer causing thing lol, but thank you for your suggestion =)
    You do know the whole cancer causing thing is a myth, right? Sarcasm must not be your strong suit...
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Google "diet soda and weight loss" and there are many articles, citing many clinical studies spanning decades that cite a link between diet soda and weight gain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57359222/study-diet-soda-can-lead-to-weight-gain/
    An excerpt from just one of the many links:
    "The study, which was cited in EatingWell magazine, was done at the University of Texas. It showed that people who drank two or more diet sodas daily had a six-times-greater increase in waist circumference at the end of the 10-year study span those who didn't drink diet soda at all."

Drink water, even if you must force yourself at first. It will get easier and you'll crave it eventually. I start my day by immediately drinking 16 ounces of water when I wake up. Then I've gotten a good head start for the day. My body isn't mistaking thirst for hunger, because I know I'm hydrated.

Diet soda is filled with so many chemicals, fake junk, and that can't be good in large quantities. Plus, most of them are caffeinated, which actually DEHYDRATES you.

Just sayin'...
  • laughlinjeanb
    laughlinjeanb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like it, but have trouble drinking much of it, Im not sure why.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Google "diet soda and weight loss" and there are many articles, citing many clinical studies spanning decades that cite a link between diet soda and weight gain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57359222/study-diet-soda-can-lead-to-weight-gain/
    An excerpt from just one of the many links:
    "The study, which was cited in EatingWell magazine, was done at the University of Texas. It showed that people who drank two or more diet sodas daily had a six-times-greater increase in waist circumference at the end of the 10-year study span those who didn't drink diet soda at all."

Drink water, even if you must force yourself at first. It will get easier and you'll crave it eventually. I start my day by immediately drinking 16 ounces of water when I wake up. Then I've gotten a good head start for the day. My body isn't mistaking thirst for hunger, because I know I'm hydrated.

Diet soda is filled with so many chemicals, fake junk, and that can't be good in large quantities. Plus, most of them are caffeinated, which actually DEHYDRATES you.

Just sayin'...
    1. Caffeine doesn't dehydrate you, unless taken in extremely high, medical grade doses, which would be impossible to achieve from any caffeinated beverage.

2. "Filled with chemicals" - WATER is a chemical, your entire body is made up of chemicals. There is nothing "fake" in a diet soda. Just because you don't know what chemical names mean, doesn't make it "fake." For example, aspartame is simply 2 amino acids, aspartic acid, and phenylalanine, joined together. It's a protein chain, no different than if you eat a food with protein in it. The rest of the ingredients are also various combinations of things that you consume in most foods you eat every day, also.

3. That "study" you mentioned has way too many flaws to be taken seriously. It didn't control for calories (if I drink diet soda and eat 5000 calories a day, and you drink regular soda or no soda but only eat 1500 calories a day, do you really think my weight gain is from drinking diet soda?) That study also relied on food surveys, done ONCE A YEAR. How accurately can you recall every meal you ate in the last year? How about 10 years ago? Most studies on diet soda and weight agree on one point. People that are overweight drink more diet soda. Now, is it possible that diet soda causes weight gain? Or is it FAR more likely that people that are overweight are drinking diet soda in an effort to cut calories and lose weight? Considering there are exactly ZERO causal links between diet soda and weight gain, I'm gonna go with option B. It just takes a little bit of critical thinking to get there.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I'll also drink tea, milk and chocolate milk and juice when I get the chance, in conjunction to water. I'll drink pop if it's brought home for me but otherwise I tend not to bother with it very often unless I'm super treating myself.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I put Mio in mine.