Silly Motivators

Options
All of my skinny jeans fit now. Well, they don't fit really, they just zip, and button-with a bit of effort. But the muffin top! It's colossal!

I think I'm going to stick a pair of these babies by my bed in the morning and when I don't want to go run or when I want junky foods I'm going to put them on and then go stand in front of the mirror for five minutes laughing and crying.

So what is your silly, personal daily motivation?

Replies

• a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i like yours. mine is to stand in front of the mirror each morning after my run and shower, and say to myself "you're still fat"

self esteem issues? :bigsmile:
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yep I just walk about for 5 minutes with my shirt off and walk past a mirror, reminds me I've still got a long way to go dispute losing some and getting close to goal.

I realise the irony of me currently having a profile pic on myself topless but this is a progress pic and is my arms/chest and not the dreaded belly! I just need to see that and all the thoughts of a rest day normally go out the window (unless I genuinely knackered)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like to be warm...on the days I get in my morning workout I am totally warm all morning long...if I get in my lunch time workout then I am warm all afternoon...and if I manage to workout before dinner then I stay warm all night...if I skip a workout I end up all shivery and having to put sweaters on...exercise definitely gets my internal engines revved up...
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I poke myself in the stomach - feel the hard muscles underneath but the inch or so of squishy before I hit the muscle. Then I think about how far I`ve come so far and how much I hated being ``soft`
  • pengem789
    Options
    I take a full body photo of myself without sucking in my gut or posing in any way. Yup, that's how I really look! YIKES!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My skinny(ier) jeans will button, but not zip--my pooch is in the way, along with my muffin top. I usually just drag out my Spanx and look at them--they're pure HELL to put on, and only then do the skinny(ier) jeans fit. Spanx is my motivation--to one day not have to wear the dreaded things. I want to burn them all :)
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just to get down on the floor and then get up. My ultimate goal is to be able to do that and get up gracefully and not feel like a fat old man. :)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I jump a few times in front of the mirror, naked of course. Gotta see the full impact of my bounces.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    if i've got the impulse to eat junk food i make myself eat it infront of the mirror. always makes me put it down after like two bites. case > effect
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    1. zombie apocalypse
    2. beat up my daughters one day boyfriend if needed
    3. be the best man I can be for my girl friend
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans from when I was in grade 8... I haven't really gotten much taller since then, maybe an inch, and I remember buying these pants (they were the "liquid denim" if anyone remembers those), anyways, I bought these pants because I thought they were the coolest things ever, but they didn't have my size but I HAD to have them, so I bought a size below thinking I was a little pudgey, I could lose a few pounds and they would fit. It's been 15 years since then, and they have never fit. They are totally out of style now and I wouldn't wear them out now, but I held on to them because I am determined that one day they will fit! And when they do I will know I finally made it, and not only that, but I will know that I will be in better shape at 29 than I was at 14, which is both embarrassing and motivating at the same time!
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    All of my skinny jeans fit now. Well, they don't fit really, they just zip, and button-with a bit of effort. But the muffin top! It's colossal!

I think I'm going to stick a pair of these babies by my bed in the morning and when I don't want to go run or when I want junky foods I'm going to put them on and then go stand in front of the mirror for five minutes laughing and crying.

So what is your silly, personal daily motivation?

Mine is the same! but I fit into my skinny dark grey courdoroy's now! The muffin top(tire wheel) is shrinking! Yay! I have worn those skinny cords, with a shiny Christmas top and "pulled off a new look" Yay! I want to keep fitting in them! That is the motivation now!!!:smile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love these! I'm so glad I'm not alone! :drinker:
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    I love these! I'm so glad I'm not alone! :drinker:

LOL we all think we must be crazy with the things we do, just to find out every one else is just the same!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i like yours. mine is to stand in front of the mirror each morning after my run and shower, and say to myself "you're still fat"

self esteem issues? :bigsmile:

I do the same thing
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    After I complete a workout I literally pat myself on the back and say "Good job!" I don't know why, but it feels really good!! I try to do it when no one is looking, but, alas, sometimes I get caught. I hope people just think I am stretching haha! :bigsmile:
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    lol this topic makes my day because I'm not the only one..
    I stand in front of the mirror with no shirt, bounce a little, then poke at jiggle saying "ew you need to go away!"
    Usually makes me go running from the mirror to go workout!
  • DoriGaga
    Options
    After I complete a workout I literally pat myself on the back and say "Good job!" I don't know why, but it feels really good!! I try to do it when no one is looking, but, alas, sometimes I get caught. I hope people just think I am stretching haha! :bigsmile:

I love this!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE in front of the mirror and watch all the jiggly spots.. then say.. "time to work out, cause you're not there YET!"
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

This is genius! I am so doing this from now on!