Does anyone exercise more so you can eat more?

Just curious. Does anyone exercise more so you can eat more?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    No, I eat more so I can exercise more.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I tried that, especially when I first started. It seemed like such a great idea. But sadly, exercise makes me pretty hungry. I can out-eat any amount burned if I'm not careful, so I had to stop thinking of it like that.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    I enjoy that i can eat more, the more I do. But I don't run two miles so I can go home and scarf down a hot dog or anything. What Rock said. it's just fuel. :)

But I'm sure you'll get people who say "yes"
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    It's the other way around for me. I don't exercise more so I can eat more, but if I've indulged and eaten more I do try to exercise more to compensate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Yes. Some days I exercise more to get a bigger number of calories, but not every day.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member

this. :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Exercising just to eat is pointless. Needing fuel to keep your body fit has a point. The whole calories burned, calories consumed measurement is just too flawed to make it a valid way to look at exercise.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Yes. However, I still strive keep my daily calorie intake under my daily target daily but there are definitely days when this cannot happen such as Christmas party days with my friends. So on those days I make certain I have a big workout.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Yes, absolutely!! :-)
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Kind of. I sometimes play up to 3 hockey games on Sundays... and can burn over 1200 calories per my HRM (which isn't so far away from the total amount of calories that I get for the day!)

I don't play just so I can eat more, but I do enjoy splurging a bit on those days :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    No. A while back, I thought "I'll exercise like crazy so I can eat whatever I like." I love food. But that was unrealistic. I'd have to be in the gym for several hours a day.

It's better to focus on creating a calorie deficit while getting in exercise that involves cardio, strength training, stretching, and balance.

But I think many of us have had the fantasy.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    If we're going out I try to make sure it's a running day so I have extra calories to play with.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I suppose I do. To lose weight, I didn't eat less, I just started exercising regularly. I (mostly) only eat when hungry, but I get hungry too often to stay slim without exercise. So, I exercise so I don't need to eat less, which is pretty much the same as exercising to eat more.
  • I don't necessarily exercise so I can eat more, but do love the extra calories I can have if I need it from exercising.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member

this. :)

This is me too
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    If we're going out I try to make sure it's a running day so I have extra calories to play with.

^^^ this
  • trink68
    trink68 Posts: 48 Member
    Same here.....ya tend to get a little cocky.
  • Brannock8
    Brannock8 Posts: 170 Member
    If you hop on an excercise bike and pedal at a good pace you can drink a beer every 20-25 minutes. This way you can watch a football game, lose weight, and get sufficiently tipsy, all at the same time.

Piece of advice... don't try the same on a treadmill.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 720 Member
    If I overindulged then I would exercise a bit more to compensate. No, I do not view exercising as a reserve account to eat more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Exercising just to eat is pointless.

This ^^ is crazy talk.