Does anyone exercise more so you can eat more?

Options

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. Sedentary women have such low BMRs that I can't imagine ever not being active. I couldn't live comfortably eating only 1600 calories a day! That would be like dieting for the rest of my life. No thank you! I also exercise because I really love it :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Eating back a portion of my exercise calories gets me enough food to satisfy me.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not only so I can eat more, but so I can drink more, too. :drinker:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    No. I exercise more so I can lose more. I eat just enough to keep my body properly fueled.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If you hop on an excercise bike and pedal at a good pace you can drink a beer every 20-25 minutes. This way you can watch a football game, lose weight, and get sufficiently tipsy, all at the same time.

Piece of advice... don't try the same on a treadmill.

HAHA!! Nice :)
  • JustinDoctrinated
    Options
    Yes. Well, in a way. I love having the flexibility that an extra 500 calories gives me, and I workout most days, so I try to schedule days off for those days of the week where I know the temptation won't be too much (yesterday, with its damn pizza, was a slip-up but oh well).

I generally don't have a lot of trouble staying under my limit whether I've worked out or not, but when I don't work out and the number is a bit lower, I feel like I have less flexibility, which makes me feel like I'm dieting rather than just making incremental adjustments. And then if I work out and do well all day, I don't have to be super restrictive if I happen to go out some night.
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes that's me. At less than 1700 kcals I am cannot seem to enjoy food. I put in about an hour every day so I can enjoy my meals and not feel so deprived. There is a big difference between 2500 and 1700 as far as feeling satisfied.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I eat more so I can exercise more and then after exercises I'm hungry so I exercise some more so I can ate some more... not even kidding. I like to ate and I'm always hungry so basically yes.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Quite the opposite. I try to keep my calorie burns during my workouts under 500 calories because I find that when I do significantly more it raises my calorie goal to something I struggle to meet while still eating clean.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Yah!

I don't try synch calories burned and eaten, however if there are occasions coming where food is a focus, I'll purposely work to burn more calories. I don't eat just to burn the deficit, as I am proud of days with a good deficit.

However, at a social function or a family dinner I am going to enjoy myself. Part of that enjoyment has always been good food and drink. That said, I try to always log that calories and I find I take smaller portions.
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    No, I eat more so I can exercise more.

^this. Sometimes I have a deficit cuz I just don't feel like eating the extra cals burned. If it is a late workout.
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    Absolutely! Good food is one of the things I really love. And a big part of the reason why working out and an active lifestyle has been a non-negotiable part of my life for over 15 years is so that I can enjoy it without worrying too much about calories/weight etc.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I try and make sure I put in a workout before we go out drinking or something. I may or may not use those calories, but I kind of look at them like a 'slush fund'. I typically don't eat back all my exercise calories unless I'm just super hungry.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No. I exercise more so I can lose more. I eat just enough to keep my body properly fueled.

X2
    This is what I do now, I figured out by eating my work out calories I was going no where !
  • Kitty7814
    Options
    Very much so. When I first started and saw how much I was eating I was blown away and couldn't imagine getting to 1,200 a day but working out helps me so much. I try to plan out dinner in advance and then work everything else around it. For me, eating the 1,200 without working out is a tough day, but yesterday for example I wanted some Bueno so I worked out before I left to get it. We ended up having to change dinner and I actually struggled to get UP to my goal because I just wasn't that hungry. I find that I'm much less hungry on days where I work out a ton to eat more versus days that I try to just eat less calories, but I still try to mix it up.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Is there any other reason to exercise?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am one of those whose calorie allowance is 1,200 with no exercise. It is REALLY restrictive! I am much happier when I eat my exercise points.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Exercising just to eat is pointless. Needing fuel to keep your body fit has a point. The whole calories burned, calories consumed measurement is just too flawed to make it a valid way to look at exercise.

too right. it is literally a waste of time and effort x