What can you do in 3 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I need to hear this.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    holy freakin crap! I have lost 1/3 of that amount in 3x the amount of time. YOU TOTALLY KICK MAJOR BUTT!
    way to go!

very inspiring!
  • skiv
    skiv Posts: 10
    Options
    Way to go! I am right with you. I Have lost 44 pounds in 2 months and a week so shooting for 50 by end of April. But you are right I have more energy, sleeping better, and I am starting to enjoy my nightly workouts and such. Keep up the great work. Don
  • sallerina
    Options
    THAT'S AMAZING!!! Well done you!

I'm new this week to MFP and it's soooo good! I've lost 2lbs since Monday and it's only Thursday :)

I've lost a stone within the last year from just trying to reel in the snacks (I have a major sweet tooth and love crisps!!!), I also started horse riding lessons in August which has definitely toned up my legs/bum/tum and I LOVE IT! It's great exercise and I burn around 500 calories in my one hour lessons.

I've also started jogging 3 times a week over the past 6 weeks or so. I found it absolutely exhausting at first, could only run a hundred metres or so without struggling to breathe, but I can now run about 1/3 of a mile before I need to catch my breath, and run 1.5 miles at a time altogether :) (with a few "catch my breath" breaks!), but I do have mild asthma that adds to the difficulty breathing.

I'm now 10lbs off being the recommended weight for my height....and I have a beach holiday with my boyfriend (our first hol together) on May 24th.......so about 6.5 weeks away! And I'd LOVE to lose those last 10lbs before I go away so I can wear a bikini with confidence (I'm usually the one with 5 layers wrapped around me and running into the sea before anyone sees me!). I'm hoping MFP will help me get there :) it seems to be working so far, as I'd hit a bit of a wall.

I definitely feel a lot more energetic and motivated and looking forward to my holiday :)
  • jschneider360
    Options
    In 3 months I have lost 35 lbs and got off both blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds. I am 2 sizes down in my close 3 links out of my watch, and I had to get -3/4" off of my wedding ring as it was just falling off everytime I put it on. My energy levels have increased though I still cant get up in the morning to workout..but thats just because I hate mornings. I am back to my athletic build and am able to run like I use to. Other benefits include being able to tie my shoes without gasping for breath, I can get out of my car without rocking back and forth a 3 or 4 times..haha. Its really amazing that if you ACTUALLY dedicate yourself and be faithful to the program how much you can lose. I and many other people on this site I'm sure can testify to that! Awesome job! Now for me I just entered tone up and maintain stage of this program..Lets do it! :glasses:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    wow!!! that's FANTASTIC!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for the encouragement!! Sometimes when you don't see results overnight (like I'm sure everyone would love to) you just feel like it's never going to happen.....keep on truckin'!:wink:
  • jschneider360
    Options
    "Keep in mind, ladies, men seem to lose weight easier!!"

This is one of my favorite quotes of all time because I am a man. I am in a competition with only ladies and in 3 months another GIRL has lost 43 lbs. Thats more than I have lost in 3 months at 35 lbs. Men are definately built different but the girl I'm in competition with is proof thats its not just men that lose quicker its anybody that is dedicated and gets rid of the excuses. Yes I'm a guy, yes I lost 35 lbs in 3 months and Yes I worked HARD to achieve these goals so the whole men lose it easier theory that women always throw in our face is thrown out the window in my book. I'm not hating on anybody by no means I love when I hear this because it inspires me to push even harder.

In order to succeed, you have to be better than your used to be!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! AWESOME! I like that you a proud of your health and have found a new love for exercise. It's not all about a hot body. (one heck of a perk) Your doing a great job!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!