Peanut Butter vs. PB2

Options
I LOVE Jif peanut butter, but I don't love the calories that go with it. :( I keep seeing people posting about using PB2 powder, but I can't seem to find it. Where does everyone buy it and what else do you use it for, besides smoothies? Any good recipes? Thanks!

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I will never give up on my peanut butter (Crazy Richard's) but here is a link for you!

http://www.bellplantation.com/locator
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of PB2, however, it is lower in calories. Keep in mind that all of the oil is pressed out and sugar is added, so therefore you are missing the most valuable benefits! Choosing natural peanut butter would be of importance and far more beneficial! Plus, there is always a way to work it into you daily calorie goals, trust me...I would know!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    i found mine at Kroger in where the health foods are (for me its by the produce).
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jif peanut butter, but I don't love the calories that go with it. :( I keep seeing people posting about using PB2 powder, but I can't seem to find it. Where does everyone buy it and what else do you use it for, besides smoothies? Any good recipes? Thanks!

Just curious why you didn't just "google" it to find where to buy it? This always confuses me when people ask where to buy a product.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Just curious why you didn't just "google" it to find where to buy it? This always confuses me when people ask where to buy a product.

BAM!

<I think she was also asking about recipes that people from this site have tried or use.>
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I get my pb2 at the health food store. I like it but I love my peanut butter better (natural PB). I do like to make stir fry add PB2 to give it a asin taste that is very good.
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    A favorite snack is mixing PB2 in greek yogurt with a little cinnamon as an apple dip.
    Or just sprinkle it on sliced apples.
    I've also made a couple recipes off their website.
    I make oatmeal PB2 cookies and bars that are super easy and lo-fat/lo-sugar/lo-cal.
    Just use any recipe for cookies/bars and add 2 TBL of PB2 or more if you like.
    Great in regular oatmeal too.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Because I actually asked for recipes as well...not the ones people think would be good, but ones people here actually use. You know what confuses me? When someone tries to be mean on a discussion forum. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I eat both PB2 and regular PB. I like PB2:)
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    i just bought pb2 and i love it you should get it!!! do you live in canada? I had to order it online because they don't sell in canada (may be the reason why you cant find it) :) right now ive been eating it just plain lol but i am excited to try a banana and pb2 smoothie :)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm in the USA....but the 3 stores I've called have no clue what I'm talking about. UGH!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I get it from Whole Foods. I only use it when I throw it in my shakes, otherwise I am not a fan
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I get mine at HyVee. It is in the Organics section. I picked one up the other day and wondered why they changed the label. It wasn't until later I found out it had chocolate in it! I really like it. For now I just use it as a topping on toast but maybe I will get some good ideas from folks who respond to you. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. Oh and I do love regular PB but it is hard to fit it into a 1200 cal a day diet so this works really well for me! Again, good luck!~
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    if it was less expensive I would eat it more often but the cost is too much for what you get IMO

I'm on a raw almond butter kick lately

Trader Joe's has its own brand and its good price and tastes great
  • tjk71
    tjk71 Posts: 167
    Options
    I've seen it at Wegman's if you have one around you......in the organic section.
  • Reedikulus
    Options
    I get mine from Amazon.com :) Pretty good in yogurt. Also makes the bestest Pb/Cocoa. Get the Diet swiss miss, some almond milk pb2...warm it up and yummmmm. :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to flavour a shake and it adds protein, but yeah... I don't like the taste reconstituted with water as it says to. It's just... kinda yucky. I just eat real natural peanut butter. Sometimes I spring for the Kraft hydrogenated sugar/salt/plastic-added one because life's too short not to enjoy the crack every now and again.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Bought my PB2 on Amazon. It tastes ok. Nothing really compares to real peanut butter. But the calorie difference is hugggge.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i have seen it at kroger if you live anywhere those stores are, or at shoprite if you live in the north east. you can order it online as well, places like amazon and such.
    from what i have read, you really can use it anyway you use pb. people like to use it in chocolate protein shakes, you can mix it with water to make the pb consistence or add the powder to things like shakes, oatmeal, etc. i am curious to try it, i just have not gotten around to it lol. hope you are able to locate it!