P90X?

Options
have any of u tried this? if so did it work well? how much is it? and how often do u work out to it? any advice would be helpful!!!

Replies

• tails1315
    Options
    I tried it about 3 years ago. It was good. I didn't stick to it long enough to see results but my mom and step dad did it and they look amazing. They really toned up and lost a lot of inches. I borrowed it from my mom so I am not sure how much it was but based on her results I say it was worth it!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I paid $140 for the program. You work it 6 days a week, 7th day rest...for 12 weeks. I'm on week 8 right now...like it so far. Hard and intense, but fun at the same time if that makes any sense! I like it.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! geez 140? tho thats expensive...
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm in week 3 of my first round - if you follow the schedule you have stuff to do 7 days a week (1 day is yoga, 1 day is stretching so it's not 7 days of craziness). It's definitely challenging, but worth it. I know a lot people on here say you can get the same results with a gym membership and your own routine, but personally I like having the schedule and the workouts figured out for me - means I can't slack off and choose something easy instead :)

It's about $119 if you get it through BeachBody. That doesn't include your equipment though - a pull up bar and dumbbells or resistance bands and a door hookup. I ended up getting those through amazon.

feel free to message me if you have any specific Qs!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My friend did it and she lost 15 lbs and a ton of inches. She plans on doing it again after the holidays.mif you can commit the time and stick to it it will work.
  • tigstoy
    Options
    I'm starting in January. I got my videos from a friend and burned them, and I found all the info about the whole program online, and signed up for a free coach thru beach body. The diet is very strict, watch youtube, you can find a TON of information about it.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    hmm ok maybe after holidays ill buy it....do u have to use that equipment tho?
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while, until I seriously hurt my lower back doing the Ab Ripper routine. I thought I was modifying the moves enough, but I guess not. It's taken me a month (3 chiro appts, 2 accupuncture appts, and 2 massages later) to recover. I switched to 30 day shred (you can watch on youtube) and C25k. When they say p90x is extreme, it's no joke. Also, it's a big time commitment - at least an hour a day. And you do need some equipment, so take that into consideration. The threads showing people's results are very inspiring, though. Just be really careful and modify the moves in the beginning as needed.
  • conidiring
    Options
    There are modifications for not using equipment, so it's not "necessary", but beneficial...and the workouts are about an hour long each, just give yourself enough time!
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it, but you should search the message boards for P90X there's tons of topics about it that might help you decide if it's the right plan for you. I didn't even know until recently you could search topics, but it's a great tool to find answers to questions :)
  • dtreg35
    Options
    I did p90x and am about to start a second time through it. You definetly have to have the bands/dumbbells and a pull up bar. The bands can be used if you dont have a pull up bar.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    is there anything else that works well thats less expensive and less extreme...i work 7 days a week and its kinda physical so cant be to sore or i cant work.....need something i can do 2 or 3 times a week for 30 min to an hour...thats just ideal for me though. suggestions??
  • KimiBerman
    KimiBerman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is awesome and inexpensive. Try it out! :)
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is awesome and inexpensive. Try it out! :)

where would u buy that??
  • conidiring
    Options
    Supreme 90 Day is good as well.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it and lost 40Lbs in 3 mnths , I going to try it as soon as I finish with my Insanity program .