What are you looking forward to eating on Christmas?

Options
My mom makes this super awesome cheesecake that I have been dieing to eat! We will also have chicken, Roast beef, Mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, casserole and all kinds of pies

What will you be eating this Christmas that you're looking forward too?

I am also very happy that I will get to spend time with my whole family and then hangout with my friends for New Years!!!

Replies

• Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We'll possibly eat Subway or some "surprise sandwiches". Nothing too special, other than some ice cream cake and I might make some cookies.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Tons of chocolates and cheesecake! No calories count for 3 days!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My 84 year old mom makes the best egg nog. She claims that the Wild Turkey whiskey cooks the egg, but I think it is just her excuse to make it with a good kick.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Prawn and mango salad
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Besides everything that will be served...probably some tamales or ham. Im going to enjoy Christmas with very very little regret lol:bigsmile:
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yummy cinnamon rolls.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to not having to do the cooking for this year's feast...with the exception of a salad that my mother in law has asked us to bring.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to a moist turkey and some lovely baby potatoes. I'm sure there will be apple pie and there will definitely be wine!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Oh god,where to start. Minus one day I've done so well staying away from all the tempting food. I plan on having Xmas and boxing day off so am literally dreaming about the food at the moment ha. I think I'm mostly looking forward to my roast dinner with all the trimmings and then second to that just all the chocolate, biscuits, crisps and alcohol we've got in the house :P ha
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Pizza!! We make homemade pizza every year for Christmas.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here eating a bowl of New Orleans seafood and Andouille sasauge Gumbo. We usually eat it for Christmas but my son is home from college and he wanted his fill of it early!! LOL!!!:laugh:
  • beachpoodles
    beachpoodles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cinny rolls, eggs and bacon for breakfast then...........Briskey, garlic potatos, and GRAVY! Veggies will be a side as well.
    I am still tracking calories and won't go over board BUT will eat my reasonable share!
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Prawn and mango salad

OMG this sounds delish!
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm making peppered roast beef for christmas which I'm looking forward to, but also to indulge in the dessert (tiramisu, YUM), some chocolate, croissants for breakfast, and having my favorite grilled meat skewers in wine sauce the 2nd day. :) And most of all just not counting calories as strictly as usual :D
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    pwprice59, your mom rocks! It's just two of us so I'll make pan seared duck breast with a red wine reduction sauce. I like to serve it on a bed of polenta. Asparagus or green beans drizzed with white truffle oil.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    pwprice59, your mom rocks! It's just two of us so I'll make pan seared duck breast with a red wine reduction sauce. I like to serve it on a bed of polenta. Asparagus or green beans drizzed with white truffle oil.

YUMMMY!!! Can i come over for dinner!!! LOL!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Oh and I can't wait for my Christmas breakfast. Sausage and egg butty with lots of tomato ketchup, bring it on :P
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    we are doing Christmas eve at my house ..and I am making burritos
    Christmas day we will be in P'cola at my m-i-l and I have no clue what she is making. . but she is a great cook. so w/e it is, I know it will be delicious
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My aunt always has a killer spread. I love her sausage stuffed croissant thing. It's heavenly.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Almond Roca and Lindt creams.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Sausages and potato salad (my family is German)