5'4 women :)

Options
So i just really curious to know if other woman are consuming the same amount of calories as me or less and if i can maybe eat less calories of perhaps i need to eat more.Just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly and also people say to subtract 30% of my TDEE to lose weight? is that correct and if so do i have the correct numbers?

So here's my info

18 yrs old | 5'4 | 132 lbs

BMR: 1439
TDEE: 2230
Daily Calorie goal: 1784

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    my goal for maintanance on this site is around 1630, i eat well below that though. sounds like a good amount that you have going on, i too am 5'4"
  • Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    Hi ! I am 5'4 (and a little bit) and I usually aim for around 1600 - 1800. I workout a lot so it is for weightloss not maintence. I weight basically the same as you as well ! How active are you ? It sounds like your calorie intake is pretty good :)

Sarah
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    Hi ! I am 5'4 (and a little bit) and I usually aim for around 1600 - 1800. I workout a lot so it is for weightloss not maintence. I weight basically the same as you as well ! How active are you ? It sounds like your calorie intake is pretty good :)

Sarah

I sometimes work out twice a day like i go for a run in the morning (60 mins) and then do 30 day shred (20 mins) or Tae Bo (60 mins) some times i just run and do 15 mins of stationary bike and take a day or sometimes two to rest my muscles :) So i guess i am quite active.. Yeah i dont want to maintain i want to lose weight :)

Im just really wondering if i should eat less calories to make it more effective
  • Fitness_withsarah
    Options
    You sound like you do a lot of working out ! Definetly don't eat less. When you get the last bit of weight it's most effective to EAT your workout calories (but also keeping a deficit) or else you'll go into starvation mode. It's best to keep losing between .5. - 1 pound a week ! Do you do any strength training ?? You should definitely add some into rev up results.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'5.5" and 110lbs

My TDEE is approx 2240..and I eat around 1900-2000 + exercise calories to maintain, so it works out about the same. I'm a gainer /maintainer, but start loosing on anything below 1900, and could personally not eat lower than 1600 cause I lose too fast. I try to work out 4-5 days a week. I think you sound like you are eating at a good amount for your gaol. You don't want to lose to fast, it's better to go slow and steady.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    above 1500 and below maintenance is my goal. i've read more suggestions for -20%TDEE than 30% but i'd guess either way will get you the loss you want.

i'm losing weight really, really, incredibly slowly because i eat at maintenance most of the time. i lost 25lbs in 6 months last year eating 1500ish daily
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    i actually do have weights in my house.. its a bit old machine thing but its still good but i havent done any really. Actually i was planning to start today but i woke up really sore and tired so i decided to take the day :)
  • kittybabexo
    Options
    I'm 4'5.5" and 110lbs

My TDEE is approx 2240..and I eat around 1900-2000 + exercise calories to maintain, so it works out about the same. I'm a gainer /maintainer, but start loosing on anything below 1900, and could personally not eat lower than 1600 cause I lose too fast. I try to work out 4-5 days a week. I think you sound like you are eating at a good amount for your gaol. You don't want to lose to fast, it's better to go slow and steady.

I also try to work out 4-5 days a week for about an hour :) i actually lost 6 pounds eating very low calories but then after reading that some people tent to lose really fast but then get stuck and gain it back i got super scared and decided that i needed to change my calorie intake because it wasnt healthy for me and i didnt want to gain weight instead of losing and also didnt want to lose muscle and be "skinny fat"
  • TwistedFun
    Options
    im 5'4 and i try and eat 1500 a day. i was undereating alot but started getting weak and tired so i upped to 1500. sometimes i go under (its a habit) but i mostly stick to it. my tdee is 1947 and bmr is 1420.

since i workout its still an undereat, but i have to slowly go up so i don't shock my system
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    So i just really curious to know if other woman are consuming the same amount of calories as me or less and if i can maybe eat less calories of perhaps i need to eat more.Just want to make sure i'm doing this correctly and also people say to subtract 30% of my TDEE to lose weight? is that correct and if so do i have the correct numbers?

So here's my info

forgot to put before, generally women should eat around 300-500 under their tdee to lose, so i think your numbers are fine, especially if you are active, want to make sure you are getting enough
  • kittybabexo
    Options

So here's my info

forgot to put before, generally women should eat around 300-500 under their tdee to lose, so i think your numbers are fine, especially if you are active, want to make sure you are getting enough

Oh! well thats good then! i'm not doing so bad after all :) I really want to lose weight the healthy way and also tone so everything is in place :) when i started i was eating so little calories and i did lose weight but after reading post etc i realized that it was really unhealthy and that there was a chance i was losing muscle and not fat and it should be the other way around.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'4" too and my body fat is around 23.9%. I'm currently eating around 1700-1800 cals/day and my TDEE is around 2200, I believe.