Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why I used to be FAT!!

I just ate some Yogurt Pretzels and after eating about 12 of them, I thought to myself...I better go check the calories on these. I almost passed out when I saw. I'm glad I stopped myself before grabbing another handful. I'm now jumping on the treadmill to burn off 400 calories. Here is a list of common serving size. Common serving units 8 pieces 217 Cal. 6 pieces 163 Cal. 4 pieces 109 Cal.
Before I would eat the whole bag and think that they were somewhat happy. So glad I checked.

Replies

• So true! I now do that to Starbucks cookies! Crazy calorie and fat content!
  • Yeah I figure I'd better really, really, really want those pretzels if I got to be burn 400 cal on the treadmill - for me thats about 1/2 hard work - on top of the 40 minutes I'm already supposed to be doing.

Those things can sneak up on one:

pretzel: relatively healthy,
    yoghurt - relatively healthy.
    yoghurt pretzels: get thee to ye olde treadmill!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    For me it was alcohol. I switched over to vodka because it was lower in calories, not having any idea that alcohol metabolizes in your body way differently than food. THEN, I would make bad food choices after I had drinks because, well, that is what people do after they drink, they make bad choices. Then the next day I would justify some nasty greasy crap, because of course, I was never doing that again, last time, right? Yeah, that was 40 pounds and 14% body fat ago.

Sobriety rocks!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    No kidding..... it is shocking to see the calorie count on some things I never used to really thing about. Ju Jubes and wine gums..... no fat, but sadly so many calories. I know I can't eat a" teeny weeny" recommended serving of those things....... so try to stay away from them
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    i measure out the serving sizes on snacks and keep them in those little snack bags on the counter..my husband ( who per the doctor) is on a high fiber diet..so i measure out his daily supply and hide the rest!! he searches the cabinets..i hear him looking in drawers...ha!! he will never fiind them...hey! sometimes you need a kick in the a&^ to be healthy!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    omg the white chocolate covered pretzels are awesomeeeee mmmmmm
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks for all your comments, I went to 5 different websites to verify calorie amount and they ranged from 190-420 for 12 yogurt pretzels! I just decided it was better to burn 650 calories to be safe!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    For me it was those Lindt milk chocolate truffles... 80 calories EACH. I could eat 5 or 6 of those without a second thought!
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story, we all have a story and each one of them will help someone. Keep on sharing!
  • I used to be able to eat a large pizza by myself -.-
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Here's why *I* used to be fat:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_mgb8fHVKyaNv_bkw_tfEwLCcKMwrbQjPRzW14m0z1G3XNEMkUw

and:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBxbjOfiGv_R3QabChx2UKncIG6gLd_lKpxagYTtmu5qkDUr3Jcw