need low carb breakfast options

Options
I need better options for lower carb meal options... especially breakfast (without eggs, bacon, sausage, and oatmeal)

Also some carb free low cal "FREE" snacks.... would be great...

Replies

• wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/menus/a/breakfastmenus.htm

This could help with some ideas.

Eggs are actually really good for mornings. I've been off and on toying with the slow-carb diet, I want to get back on it, because it's kinda awesome...
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Vegg and fruit smoothies are awesome, I have lots of recipes in my blog and randomly throughout me page.
  • Sweetmurry
    Sweetmurry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All I know is a bowl of ceral is my whole carbs for the day.. lol so Looking at other options... i already know eggs are great but I wanted some other options...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Protein and Fat.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't buy into the whole 'low carb' thing but I'm not gonna go into that now -

greek yogurt
    cheese/ cottage cheese
    chicken breast
    eggs??...I see you didn't have that as a option though
    homemade protein shake
    healthy carbs such as fruits and veggies
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have been having this same problem....if you are not going super low carb then i agree on the veggie & fruit smoothie..they are very fufilling. i have justbbeen making new things with my eggs mixed with veggied or meat. and you dont always have to have breakfast food in the morning..try a steak...very common
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I second greek yogurt with a smidgeon of good jam or preserves and/or some fresh assorted berries. I like to add a TINY scoop of some good granola for a bit of crunch.

Also, my wifes standard breakfast is a smoothie made with frozen bananas, almond milk, a scoop of Vega protein powder and a ginormous handful of spinach. Whipped up in the blender.
  • purple396
    Options
    greek yogurt w/ honey(1tsp), sliced almonds 1/4 avocado, 1 cup of cucumbers sliced
    feels like a big meal but sits at approx 300 cals with 12-14 g protein and 20 g carbs mainly fiber
  • purple396
    Options
    also for "free" snacks I like manadrine 50 cals each or cucumbers/ celery with 1 tbsp hummus. (depending on the brand) approx 80 cals for 1 cup of the veggies and hummus combined
    or a veggie smoothie 1 banana a handful of spinach 1tbs cinnnamn and 1 tbs cocoa powder and soy/almond milk approx 160-200 cal
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    When I was traveling in Eastern Europe several years ago the breakfasts were high quality sliced meets, cheese, with condiments like mustard and horseradish; all cold or room temperature. Hard boiled eggs too. I liked it. But it definitely isn't the American style of breakfast.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I do various green smoothies and include raw hem protein, 2-3 cups of greens or spinach and low glycemic fruit like strawberries, blueberries, and peaches. I start with 1/2-1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and include 2 tsp raw almond butter. Also, add in a little Vanilla truvia if it is not sweet enough b/c the hemp protein does not contain any sweeteners.

I buy the hemp protein powder at ZNatural foods online; they also have pea protein powder.

Low fat cottage cheese (3/4 - 1 cup) + 1/2 medium apple and 1/2 medium pear; poach the fruit with cinnamon (honestly I nuke it for a minute with cinnamon, but feel free to do it the old fashioned way); add in 1-2 TBSP chopped walnuts

Unsweetened yogurt (1 cup) + 1/2 scoop of protein powder + assorted berries + choice of nuts (almonds, walnuts or macadamia nuts)
  • jasonfndr
    Options
    ME!!....hehehe..just saying
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Buy almond flour!!!

You can make tons of things with it

We have made over the last few weeks

Muffins, pancakes, cookies, etc. all the things your not supposed to have

Have also done bread from the sprouted bakery 7 carbs per slice

and smoothies with plain greek yogurt, blackberries, splenda, vanilla protein powder, ice, water delish~!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Buy almond flour!!!

You can make tons of things with it

We have made over the last few weeks

Muffins, pancakes, cookies, etc. all the things your not supposed to have

Have also done bread from the sprouted bakery 7 carbs per slice

and smoothies with plain greek yogurt, blackberries, splenda, vanilla protein powder, ice, water delish~!

Correction the sprouted bakehouse!

sugar free jello is a free snack :-)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    Fritatta with anything you want to add to it.
  • Sweetmurry
    Sweetmurry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wish i lived in an area of the country that offered fun things... but i dont... not even a whole foods here.... boooo!
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Steak !