27 lbs lost in <4 months, before and after!

Options
I've been feeling frustrated lately, because my weight loss is not as pronounced as it was when I started my journey August 1, 2012. I feel like I've hit a plateau. I'm sure a lot of you are feeling this way with the holidays upon us. To cheer myself up, I decided it's time for an update!

I am 5'6", and I started at my highest ever weight of 246.5lbs. I am now at 219-220 lbs, and I am aiming to lose an additional 70 lbs to eventually become a currently unimaginable 150 lb-woman. Today, I officially fit into the smallest thing that I own (minus my dream dress, which is waiting quietly for me in a back closet). It is a designer (small) size 16 suit jacket and skirt. Four months ago, I could barely fit into plus size 20 jeans- now I comfortably fit into size 14 jeans.

In all three photos, I am wearing a skin-tight exercise shirt and biking shorts. The only difference is that in the last photo, I am wearing one cup size smaller-but it's the exact same style bra. I went from a size 40F to 40E in my sports bra, which I am VERY excited about!!

In my most current photo, you can see that I am wearing a BodyMedia Fit on my left arm. I started out tracking with the built-in FitnessPal estimates. Then I purchased and used a Polar Heart Rate Monitor to track my workouts better. My mother found a BodyMedia Fit in her drawer that she purchased years ago and wasn't using, so I snagged it and I am currently using it as part of a three-month free trial.

For those of you feeling too heavy to go out and "do" things, especially athletic activites, I would like you to notice that at my heaviest (246.5lbs) I was biking with athletic friends through the hills of California! You have NO excuse not to get out and do what you want to do-so get out there and do it TODAY!!

WeightLossDatesresize_zps8ce09302.jpg

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Congratulations and continued success for you! :drinker:
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome work!!!!!!
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    you look great! :flowerforyou:
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You're the Incredible Shrinking Woman! Thanks for sharing and GREAT WORK! :happy:
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    that is so inspirational. I hope that you know how far you have come. It's so great that you have posted here when you have been feeling down that the loss has been slowing. Your body is still working hard for you so you are still slimming even if the scale doesn't agree :P

Good going, keep it up!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Holy moly!!!! Fantastic progress! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look terrific and I love your message "You have NO excuse not to get out and do what you want to do-so get out there and do it TODAY!! " You go girl!!!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    big difference!! and your one month nov-dec amazingggg progress!!!!
  • goldenamor
    goldenamor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look great :)
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look great, stick at it and the plateau will go!
  • zhiking
    zhiking Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    wow that's really great! .. yes it doesn't get easier but just keep going!
  • Monticello
    Monticello Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Remarkable difference, especially in your midsection which most people to seem to have trouble with. And don't get too discouraged by the plateaus. You're going to have them. In my own experience, the thing that blasts me through plateaus is taking two to three days off from the gym and moderately increasing my calories before hitting it hard again. Don't know if there's any science to back this up or if I'm being superstitious.
  • jcabbott06
    Options
    Thank you for your story. I am very motivated and inspired to continue with my goal. Great work :)
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets woman! You look great! Keep it up!
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Great JOB!!! Keep up the Good work!!!
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! WTG... very inspirational :)
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    You're beautiful! Keep up the great work!
  • skipperlk
    Options
    Great Job! We should be friends! I'm currently at 209 lost 20 pounds since October and have the same goal of 150ish. :smile:
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation so far. Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!