LOVE THIS APP!!!! Lost 40lbs in 4months

Options
Hi everyone. I can't get over this app. It has truly changed my life. On July 4th, 2012 I had just got done eating all day and found myself pounding back a bag of potato chips at night. I was feeling a little depressed, so I got on the scale to see the damage. I had reached in all time high of 270 lbs and new that something had to change. I found this app to have a high rating and I thought that it might be fun just to keep track of my caloric intake. I had no idea the impact it was about to make on life. As I kept track, I found myself becoming competitive to "beat my high score", which was my caloric goal. It actually became fun. I knew that I would have to do some jogging too, so I saw that my treadmill would tell me how many calories I would burn after a 30 minute jog and i would add that. It was like putting money in an account. I could blow it and eat more that day, or I could save it and bank the benefits. What an amazing journey and still going. I should also mention I no longer have to take my two blood pressure medications because my BP is beyond normal now. Thank you My fitness pal!! You have changed my life.

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Patrick! You have truely made a huge change for the better and I applaud you. Exercise is key to staying healthy and building strength and endurance. Challenge yourself every day to do a little more. Good Luck!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. When I started using this and saw it was just a numbers game (well, with some self restraint thrown in) it all clicked for me. Still tough at times, but the results are worth it. Good on you, keep it up!