Finding stuff on the go that's Paleo.

Options
Okay, today, I left my pre-made lunch at home. Bummer. I'm going Paleo with my diet, but sometimes finding stuff on the go that's Paleo is damn near impossible. I know fresh fruits and veggies are easy stuff, but Pre-cooked meats? It's damn near impossible. Everything has Soy in it. If you have ideas as to what I can get sometimes on the go for Paleo protein, I would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Beetle larvae and various grubs are probably the most paleo thing there is. I think you can even find them in most city parks. :wink:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I got nothing, you gotta plan ahead!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Instead of trying to find something from a restaurant.. are there grocery stores that you could pop into just as quickly and fill up on nuts or fruit/veggies?
  • Septlondon
    Septlondon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    the only things I can think of are roast chicken and the inside of burgers. At a pinch you can buy 'evil coated stuff' and remove the coating, and toss the burger buns.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Canned Tuna or Salmon - Easily one of the most portable proteins.
    Salads - Easy to find a restaurant, grocery store or even fast food place that has them.
    Hard Boiled Eggs - Check the deli section, lots of grocery stores sell pre-cooked hard boiled eggs.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    beef jerky? nuts are avaliable in lots of vending machines. fruits easy even at 7-11. if you do a burger ask for it in lettuce no bun, most ast food offers salads as well. If you want it you will find it.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Beetle larvae and various grubs are probably the most paleo thing there is. I think you can even find them in most city parks. :wink:

I love grubs. :bigsmile:
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You could make your own jerky
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You could make your own jerky
    I do, but you have to make sure it has fat, or you have a fat source so that you don't get rabbit poisoning.
    Catch 22. You want minimal fat in your jerky so that it lasts longer. A Kingdom for some carbs!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Those little Justin's nut butter single serving pouches. I buy Sophia's survival jerky or Steve's jerky and keep a pack nearby all the time. Sometimes I stop at a market and grab cooked shrimp and an avocado or some guacamole. Nuts in a pinch.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I wold say keep some almonds or something like that in your car..
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna or salmon. Sometimes you can find a smoked salmon that doesn't have chemical crap in it and that's always good and fills you up.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I buy half rotisserie chickens and some salads. There is a market about a mile from my work place that sells premade salad such as buffalo chicken salad that also stocks a variety of Kombucha -- ready made lunch.
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree! My 'go to' on the run is to pop into a grocery store and go to their deli section. Most of them have 'roast chicken.' I get a breast, tear off the skin and voila - Paleo protein. :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad (skip the croutons) from just about any sub shop will do the trick.