Upset at sudden gain - please help.

Options
13»

Replies

• floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    And I'm just going to be straight with you and you'll probably think I'm being mean but I'm just being blunt and honest.

You are finding an excuse to wallow in self-pity. I can say this because I've been there and done that several times. You've lost 56lbs..be PROUD.

Sure your weight loss slowed, but okay. Nothing you can do about it NOW, but you can still do something about it in the future. If you feel you got off track, get back on.

If you feel your GP is going to scold you for whatever reason, talk to him about you tracking measurements along with the scale so that BOTH of you can see that you are still doing well.

There are a lot of things you can do but if you keep saying, "But...this and but that..." no matter what any of us suggests, you are just going to find a way to keep yourself down.

I must agree with this. I too, am is the same boat right now, same measurements and fitting of clothes but +6lb on the scale. After the initial shock I decided that it was impossible to be a "true" weight gain. I went in my closet and picked the dress I wore for my son's wedding 2 month ago which was custom fitted to my lowest weight. GUESS WHAT!!!! it fits perfect, so, although I am not sure where this weight comes from, I will not dwell on it. BE {PROUD, just as I am to have come so far already. This journey is not temporarily it is a lifetime commitment and it will have its ups and down.
  • Iron_warrior33
    Options
    Watch the documentary Fat Head. Carbs cause heart disease and diabetes, I have researched this topic. Look into it.
    OMG, yes everyone should change their whole lifestyle based on a movie. Watch "Forks Over Knives," then you'll be a low carb vegan. Hmmm, I guess you'd starve at that point because most veggies have carbs. Better yet, also watch, "How High," then we could all be low carb vegans with the munchies. OR, watch "Supersize Me," and live off of McDonald's for a year. See how stupid it looks to tell people to watch a movie to change their lifestyle. Seriously people, stop chainging your lives because of a damn movie.

Dude, I think I love you. THANK YOU for saying this!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :blushing:
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    And I'm just going to be straight with you and you'll probably think I'm being mean but I'm just being blunt and honest.

You are finding an excuse to wallow in self-pity. I can say this because I've been there and done that several times. You've lost 56lbs..be PROUD.

Sure your weight loss slowed, but okay. Nothing you can do about it NOW, but you can still do something about it in the future. If you feel you got off track, get back on.

If you feel your GP is going to scold you for whatever reason, talk to him about you tracking measurements along with the scale so that BOTH of you can see that you are still doing well.

There are a lot of things you can do but if you keep saying, "But...this and but that..." no matter what any of us suggests, you are just going to find a way to keep yourself down.

Like the poster above you said, I guess I am overly concerned about what my Doctor thinks...not "him" specifically - he hasn't been my GP for long, but GP's in general. There are a lot of people who eat badly, don't exercise and make excuses for why they haven't lost weight, and I am not one of them. I do what I'm meant to, and the weight has been coming off. Which is why I'm frustrated when the end result is not as good as it should have been, because of a fluke gain!

I think you may have misinterpreted what I mean, or I may not have put myself across clearly...but I have no intention whatsoever of quitting! I'm not going to faceplant a tub of Ben & Jerry's because of this...but the optimist in me couldn't help but hope that somebody would say "That's normal, do *this* and you'll be back to 202 by Monday". Lol, if only eh? :laugh:
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I must agree with this. I too, am is the same boat right now, same measurements and fitting of clothes but +6lb on the scale. After the initial shock I decided that it was impossible to be a "true" weight gain. I went in my closet and picked the dress I wore for my son's wedding 2 month ago which was custom fitted to my lowest weight. GUESS WHAT!!!! it fits perfect, so, although I am not sure where this weight comes from, I will not dwell on it. BE {PROUD, just as I am to have come so far already. This journey is not temporarily it is a lifetime commitment and it will have its ups and down.

THANK YOU!!! :flowerforyou:
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: may I make a quick remark? get some green tea & drink a cup every few hours. by time you go to the doctor I think you will have lost the 7 lbs. get flavored tea bags like blueberry or raspberry these 2 are my favorites. my mother lost 20 lbs. in 2 weeks drinking 1/2 gal a day!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: may I make a quick remark? get some green tea & drink a cup every few hours. by time you go to the doctor I think you will have lost the 7 lbs. get flavored tea bags like blueberry or raspberry these 2 are my favorites. my mother lost 20 lbs. in 2 weeks drinking 1/2 gal a day!

thlmao-1.gif
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK, we use the National Health Service. A private dietician costs around £75 ($120) for a consultation, and £50 ($80) for every appointment after. I'm a housewife and part time student with a daughter to support and a wedding to pay for! This is not a financial option for me, I'm afraid.

Are you eligible for your local Exercise for Health (GP referrals) scheme, do you know about Health Trainers? Plenty of gyms also offer bodyfat testing and basic nutrition consultations, they vary in quality so you will need to work out who has the highest level of qualifications and who knows their stuff (look for someone with more than the level 3 personal trainer qualification). Start with university and council gyms, they can have well qualified staff with no requirement to upsell products or services.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand how I can have gained so much in such a short amount of time. My measurements have gotten smaller - we take them bi-monthly, and I have recently dropped a clothes size, so I don't FEEL bigger...so WTH?

So you walk around with a big sign saying how much you weigh? No one cares what you weigh, what matters is how you look. I am lost in this topic, are you thinking about seeing a doctor or something because of this?

To me this is pretty silly.

Agree. I wouldn't care if the scale said 200 as long as I was in a single digit size.