I am going to cheat... but.....

Options
for those of you who know me i am following a specific diet to the letter. for those of you who dont know me... feel free to creep my profile. with the holidays approaching, i must make a decision. do i cheat in the morning... or do i cheat in the afternoon??? well i have decided that since in my house it is tradition that i make Monkey Bread, i am going to cheat in the morning and enjoy it with my family. now i have taken my recipe and fine tuned it, and it really does not look like it is going to do too much harm. so i am posting it for you all to see....

MONKEY BREAD THE NOT SO BAD WAY
you will need the following: 4 cans Pillsbury or generic brand biscuits
1/3 cup Domino light half sugar half stevia
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 stick margerine
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cut biscuits into quarters. roll in the mixture of domino light and cinnamon. Put in a bundt pan. Melt margerine and brown sugar together on stove. Pour over biscuit pieces coating evenly. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees

Now if i have done my calculations correctly ... this will make 8 servings
Each serving will have 20 ooey gooey yummy pieces to enjoy. 352 calories, aprox 8 grams of fat, 65 grams carbs, 6.5 grams of protein.

Now i am going to enjoy one serving with a very small 4 oz glass of Eggnog light......then behave for the rest of the day!!!!!:happy:

Replies

• Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    *drools.........*
  • wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!! We always have Monkey Bread at our house Christmas morning. I will be trying this recipe!! Thanks!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I know you are not the average dieter and you have a mission but surely this will not derail all the super hard work you have been doing. Your progress is very evident.
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you want to reduce the sugar even more, brown sugar also comes in a light version (50% stevia). Enjoy!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You are so strong (mentally and physically), I do not know how you are able to do it during the Holidays!

I wish you all the best.

p.s. Thanks for posting the Monkey Bread!:heart: