NSV- the plank

Options
Taterpoof
Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
When I started working out I could barely reach a minute. Today I did my first 2 minute plank. I know it doesn't sound like much, but planks freakin hurt! =)

Replies

• DestroyTheOpposition
    Options
    Congrats on that achievement. They are tough!
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's my longest too.
  • jctillman70
    Options
    Awesome job! It is great getting stronger. I want to hate planks but the exercise is so effective that I now just power through and enjoy the results.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Don't downplay that...2 minutes of planking is awesome!! Way to go!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! It wasn't until I started doing planks consistently that I started noticing results. My stomach is finally getting harder. I do about 4 planks at about 1 minute - 2 minutes now in each of my workouts
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just attempted to plank and only made it to 35 seconds the first time and 40 seconds the second time.
  • 300poundsdown
    Options
    It sounds like a lot to me. That is awesome. Planks are killer!! AMAZING!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thank you for reminding me of the simplest, yet most effective, core exercise! (simple getting into position, not DOING them:laugh: )

2 minutes is a long time!! Great job:flowerforyou:
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea to include some either before or after other exercise, might just use that, Thanks!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Well done! I too found that planks get easier after doing them for a while :) I can do 2 mins!!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :)
  • Feebee4
    Feebee4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just managed 1min and 35 seconds. that'll be a goal for new year to build it up to 2 mins. well done you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!