FitBit vs. MFP Weekly Deficit

Options
Which one is most accurate? Because MFP is giving me about 1000 calories less than FitBit. They both have the same amount of calories logged when it comes to food eaten and such. I'm wondering if the calories burned are all being transferred...

Anyone else have this problem and which weekly deficit do you go by?

Replies

• trae8723
    trae8723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the problem of my fitbit not displaying my calories at all. It keeps reading 0 calories burned everyday. Which fitbit are you using? Ultra? One? Other?

tracie
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I stick wit mfp. I log food and exercise to mfp from a heart rate monitor and allow fitbit to transfer daily activity and weight from my aria scale. I don't wear my fitbit for exercise. Only for walks and regular activity. You should be set to sedentary on both fitbit and mfp to allow your activity above that to register and be recorded.
    For tracie, try unlinking and relinking you account with mfp. My understanding is it syncs about every 15 min. Go for a huge walk to ensure you have data to sync. Even without a fitbit calorie adjustment steps show in the reports area.
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I stick wit mfp. I log food and exercise to mfp from a heart rate monitor and allow fitbit to transfer daily activity and weight from my aria scale. I don't wear my fitbit for exercise. Only for walks and regular activity. You should be set to sedentary on both fitbit and mfp to allow your activity above that to register and be recorded.
    For tracie, try unlinking and relinking you account with mfp. My understanding is it syncs about every 15 min. Go for a huge walk to ensure you have data to sync. Even without a fitbit calorie adjustment steps show in the reports area.

I am set to sedentary for both. The only difference is I ask fitbit for 500 calorie deficit and I tell MFP maintenance calories. But there is still a 1000 calorie difference in my weekly deficit. MFP says I ate 2500 under, while fitbit says 3500. I do wear FitBit for exercise since I don't have a HRM.