Face to face... 22 lbs down

Options
I haven't had the easiest of times with this "lifestyle change".

Started in October and 3wks into it, I threw out my lower back. I just started feeling better last week, but can't do much cardio yet. Still fragile in the lumbar due to disc thinning and osteoarthritis.

So last Thursday, these two punks break in my backdoor and steal about $2,000 worth of my stuff in broad daylight while everyone is at work. They took our beloved plasma TV, laptop, fire safe with $600 cash in it and some of my deceased mother's jewelry.

Needless to say I wasn't exactly feeling good about life this weekend. Tonight I sat here wallowing in self-doubt, among other emotions, feeling down. I decided to do a face comparison of what my current loss.

Wow, 22 lbs made a big difference on the face!! 1st pic was taken in September, right before I joined MFP. 2nd one last week.

I have also dropped from 2XL > 1XL (18/20) which makes me happy. Just have to push past all this drama and keep at it.

They can take my money and my things, but they can't take my spirit and my drive!

PicMonkeyCollage.jpg

Replies

• steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. Keep at it. Imagine 3months from now.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    simply awesome...looking younger and beautiful
  • LetsGetFitMama
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep your chin up be strong and keep going! Great inspirational story, just what I needed, so thank you!!
  • kmma75
    kmma75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference 22 lbs makes!!! Good work girl! Sorry to hear about your back and the break in...let's hope karma pays those thugs back HUGE! Keep doing what you are doing, you are on the right track!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    wow! awesome work! huge change!!!
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry you have had such a crappy time! It would be totally understandable to be feeling disheartened at this point.
    But that big smile on your face shows your determination and spirit. Well done to you - not sure I could do the same given the circumstances.

Congrats on the HUGE effort - it has paid off for you already.
    hope things get easier for you from here in.
    :)
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    That's so cool! You really do look much younger!
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    Great progress! You're face is slimming down very nicely.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Well done. Youve lost as much as me. I hope things get sorted soon
  • txbelle01
    txbelle01 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you look younger and healthier!! Keep it going! :)
  • buriedinwinter
    Options
    The show must go on :)
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about those thieves :mad: - let's hope karma comes to them.

You look great, very noticeable difference in your face pics, well done, keep taking photos and you can remind yourself how far you have come :smile:
  • ReachingNEON
    ReachingNEON Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is so sad...people taking stuff from you that you can't replace..there is karma :).you look beautiful <3
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look amazing!:love: So sorry about your thievery experience. What I would like to do with thieves can't be posted here.:angry: My sympathies and congratulations are with you.:flowerforyou:
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look fabulous! Keep it up!
  • nookan
    nookan Posts: 14
    Options
    You are strong! Congrats on your efforts it really pays off
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your misfortunes, my favorite rule of live is "What goes around comes around" so rest asure they will get theirs in time.
    You look GREAT ! It's amazing how 22lbs can make such a difference. But for a visual of 22 lbs, next time you go to the food store take 4- 5lbs bag of potatoes and set them next to each other and stand back and look at them and say very loudly, "I've lost that much weight" . I did this at 20 loss and it felt good.
    P.S. I have the same top your wearing in pic 2, hope my looks as good on me as yours does on you.:happy:
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words! I finally fix the broken door yesterday, and bought door alarms, and security lights. I think the house is a tad safe now. Just makes you feel vulnerable in a way that carries into everything you do. Maybe it's not a bad thing to have your level of awareness heightened in these times. No one will sneak up on me in the dark now...that's for sure.

It was tough losing mom's rings, but I was blessed that her favorite necklace was hanging with costume stuff and they missed it.

Bottom line, my 14 yr old son was not home alone (which could have been the case). No one was hurt and I got a wake up call.

Counting my blessings right now is how I push forward. Losing weight is part of that!

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year with lots of goals reached!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    For 22lbs that is a huge difference in your face, keep up the great work!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For 22lbs that is a huge difference in your face, keep up the great work!

I think cutting down on sodium mades a difference. But also cutting back on carbs too. I try to get my carbs from whole grain and veggies when I can. I'm no saint when it comes to eating. I struggle with carb addiction, and try to indulge early in day if I'm feeling weak. It amazes how quick I'll blow up over a carb-heavy meal the day before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!