Relationship rant

Options
124»

Replies

• shedder3000
    Options
    "Your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga. You're not married, you're not the mother of his children. I don't think you have any obligation but to continue with your own long term goals rather than giving into his fleeting desires
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It sounds like to me he is lazy and needs to find a hobby, so when you both are apart, he will be enjoying working on his hobby.

As for cooking, I think its important for both partners to do cooking 50/50. As one person on this thread said, you both need to compromise. Another option is to maybe give him an ultimatum, and if he doesn't want to change or is too stubborn then maybe...

Ask yourself if you can live like this for the next 5 years, if so, stay, if not, then leave.

Good luck, I wish the best for you in this difficult situation.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    With limited information, different people can form very different views of the situation.

Even with the more detailed information both of you have, you have different perspectives.

I've seen enough people of both sexes that do expect the other partner to do everything to their plan, regardless of age.