females 5'10" whats your goal weight

Options
I set my goal at 135 but may have done it too low, curious what others set as theirs

Replies

• brtrentgl
    Options
    Bump
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am not 5"10" - but have to say 135 sounds way too low to me.
  • QuietRain
    Options
    I'm just an inch taller and my goal weight is 160 (maybe 155).
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    My goal isn't realistic, don't think my frame would let me weigh that anyway
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    My goal isn't realistic, don't think my frame would let me weigh that anyway

I'm 6ft and I usually weigh between 137 - 146 lbs normally, but for 3 years ago, when I'd piled on my excess weight from simply deprioritising proper eating and working out. I simply could not be bothered.

BTQ: For the moment, I've set my goal weight a lot lower than I should, for an assignment and am currently clocking too much cardio time because I'm prepping for a Charity Trek and run, where I'm required to walk 8 hrs straight per day for one@5 days and run/walk for 24 hrs straight to complete the course for another. Thankfully, my body is used to being pushed to its limits. :)

You need to ascertain whether you are a small, medium or a large boned woman within the 5ft 10" category (wrist circumference is an excellent @home guide) and with that in hindsight, make an appointment with your doctor, to determine what is a healthy weight for you. Surprisingly for me, my doctor tended to show more concern when I'd gained so much VS when I was fluctuating between normal weight and work weight.

From your profile pic@lower body back shot, your set goal weight@135 lbs might be a tad on the low side, for you look sturdy, healthy and fit, but for the slight touch on the inner thighs, where body sculpting (weights- think bodybuilding) should be more of a consideration rather than weight loss. My thoughts.

Edit: sp 'add y'
  • Salleighjo
    Salleighjo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 170... I was 135 when I graduated HS...i look at my pictures now and I look soooooo unhealthy and gaunt.. 150-170 is silm but not like you're starving yourself
  • squishy2981
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and shooting for 160. I also want to keep all the muscle I've amassed, so that weight may not be as attainable as I'm hopinng for even if my body fat percentage hits less than 15%. I have a pretty big frame, extremely wide shoulders, and some pretty righteous hips, so even if I cut fat from all of these places, I don't think my frame will allow me to get below 160 in a healthy manner.
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and I'm aiming for 163 lb :drinker:
  • Veyaria
    Veyaria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'10.5" gal here.

I previously set my goal weight at 145. I used the wrist-circumference thing (777Gemma888's suggestion) to see what size frame I am. 6.5" is on the cusp of medium and large framed.

I wonder if 145 is an unrealistic goal for my frame. I was never really at a healthy weight for my age, except for my pre-pubescent years (I grew early, was 5'8"-5'9" at 12yo), so I don't know what a healthy weight would be after I'd "filled out" from puberty. I've just sort of gained weight steadily since then.

I carry a good portion of my weight in my abdomen, with a light layer all over and in my thighs. I am ~200lb right now.

I think I will bump up my fat loss goal weight to 160, and then I can reevaluate and set new goals for re-comp from there.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    It really is an individual thing. I'm 5' 10 and my original goal was 155. Didn't look like I thought I would at that weight so I kept going. Currently maintain anywhere between 138 - 143 and quite happy where I am. You'll figure it out. Good luck to you!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10"... I went down to 153..and that looked good... I hear of other girls going down to 135..but i'm afraid I'd look too thin.
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I'm 5' 10"... I went down to 153..and that looked good... I hear of other girls going down to 135..but i'm afraid I'd look too thin.
    the more I look into it that would make me look sickly
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and going for 170...I'm about 20 pounds away....it's all in my gut so I just need to watch my carb intake and keep up tthe working out...I'm eating healthy and people have noticed the difference...feel free to add me! Go tall girls! :)
  • chrtyA
    chrtyA Posts: 39
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my healthy toned "skinny" weight is 155. I weigh 180 (post twins) and have a lot of work to do.
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 8 and goal weight is 147lbs. Ive been that weight before and I looked good, too much more and id look too thin (i love my curves!) x
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and at my lowest weight of 155 I had my hip and rib bones popping out, it was not attractive and hurt to lay on my tummy. So I am sticking with 165 and see how that looks. According to charts I should be 135lbs, but if I looked like a skelator at 155 I do not even want to know what 135lbs looks like.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my goal is 140. If I feel happy before reaching that point, I will stop there.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and would be happy with 180 lol.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    5 ft 10 " and maintaining at 166 lb.

I have a medium to large frame, and I do a lot of strength training.

If I were to drop much more weight, I would look scrawny. My profile picture was from when I weighed c175 lb.
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and my goal is 165