What is your favorite fruit right now and why?

Options
alohashley
alohashley Posts: 78 Member
Pomegranates....the jewels of the earth.

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I like red plums!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Bananas, because they are always in season. It's snowy right now, and there is not much else in the way of good fruit at the grocery store this time of year.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    I've been finding new favorite apple varieties. Honeycrisp is my FAVORITE, but its like $5/lb! I've recently discovered I love Gala, Jazz and Envy apples as well. Some great pears at the store lately, and bananas too!

eta: sorry, thats more like 3-5 favorites. :-P
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fresh raspberries, but not in season. Frozen raspberries are almost as good, though.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady apples! so crisp and tart, but also sweet.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples also! I have one a day!
    I love strawberries too, but they are $4.99/quart here right now, and they don't look very ripe.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Tangerines because they are tiny, sweet, delicious and everywhere (its Florida)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Papaya. It tastes good!
  • noscalenoscissors
    Options

agree
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    grapefruit because it is soo satisfying and so healthy :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Right now Oranges are my go to fresh fruit. I have some apples too. Love pomegranits too :)
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Raspberries!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Bananas always, but I also LOVE frozen berries and mangoes, I put them in everything and you can buy them anytime of the year.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    none. I hate fruits
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Grapefruit !! because of all the health benefits it has..and it is showing!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pineapple. I don't know why, except I love it. Even when favorites change, it's always at the top of my favorite fruits list.
  • JPG1313
    Options

agree

Me too
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am very allergic to fresh fruits... If I eat them raw, especially bananas and cantaloupe, my throat swells shut! SOME fruit I can eat if it's been processed in some way... cooked or dried or canned. So, I eat raisins once in a while or canned pears or peaches which I love (I wash canned fruit thoroughly to get any hint of anything artificially sweet off of it that I can). I can eat a baked apple, but not a fresh one! This was an allergy I "grew" into. When I was little I could eat all fruit raw, but by my teens I started having a problem with it. By my 40's if I even touched a cantaloupe I'd get hives! They say you don't miss what you never had, but I DID have it, so I miss it a lot!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've been on an orange kick lately. They're so fresh and zingy when it's so dreary out. :)