females 5'10" whats your goal weight

Options

Replies

• amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just depends on your frame. I'm 5'10" and I thin I looked good at 135-140 but some people said I was too thin... I'm one of those people who can't get a flat tummy unless I'm at my absolute leanest, ideal weight.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5" and currently 159lbs. My initial goal was 160, wasn't really happy once I reached it, so I am now aiming for 145-150.
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just had a trainer tell me my range was 165-175 for my height of 5"11.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10. Currently 132Ibs.
    Aiming to get back to 126-128 that I was until end of October.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Just depends on your frame. I'm 5'10" and I thin I looked good at 135-140 but some people said I was too thin... I'm one of those people who can't get a flat tummy unless I'm at my absolute leanest, ideal weight.

Same here, I am 5'9 currently 157lbs and I have a gut and thunder thighs (size 13 pants) I need to get to upper to mid 140s until I have a flat tummy. My goal is 135 might not go that low I'm just evaluating as I go.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    5'10, 154 lbs (I'm at goal)
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goal is 165 honestly. Even at that weight I feel almost too skinny, but then again I am very curvy!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me a little unstable.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to get to to 170 and assess how I look and feel. I'm more interested in being around a size 8 so that I can easily find clothes at any store. I wouldn't mind being 180 forever if I just didn't have my belly...
  • thaislcrd
    thaislcrd Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The ideal weight varies according to your body frame. A woman with a smaller frame will weight less than a woman with a larger frame, even if they have the same height.

I'm 5'9 and have a large frame. The ideal weight for me would be between 149-170 lbs, while for a person of the same height, with a medium frame would be between 139-153 lbs and for small frame 129-142 lbs. And if you lift weights you might even gain a few pounds of muscle :-)

EDIT: These sites are probably not 100% accurate, but might be of some help:

Body frame calculator
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

Ideal weight calculator (according to body type)
    http://www.superskinnyme.com/ideal_weight_calculator.html
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    5'10. Currently 132Ibs.
    Aiming to get back to 126-128 that I was until end of October.

Isn't it a little hypocritical that your profile says "I do NOT add those with EDs who are focussed on getting thinner, rather than on getting better" ?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options

Same here, I am 5'9 currently 157lbs and I have a gut and thunder thighs (size 13 pants) I need to get to upper to mid 140s until I have a flat tummy. My goal is 135 might not go that low I'm just evaluating as I go.
    Your weight has little to do with whether or not you'll have a "flat tummy".

A small recommendation: Work on your body composition. Instead of focusing on the number on the scale, work on your cutting your body fat percentage and retaining lean body mass (muscle). The best way to do this is with a calorie deficit and strength training.

Now, I know that sounds identical to losing weight, but without strength training, it's very hard to retain your LBM when you're in a deficit. A low BF%/high LBM is what gives you a "flat tummy", not a low number on the scale.

Take this knowledge and do with it what you will.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I weigh 185...I used to have a goal weight, but I dont anymore. I am eating right, lifting heavy weights, and sculpting my body into something beautiful.

I would like to reduce my body fat while retaining my LBM.

So maybe I will wind up somewhere in the 160's?

But I dont really care.

And that feels pretty stinking amazing.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I weigh 185...I used to have a goal weight, but I dont anymore. I am eating right, lifting heavy weights, and sculpting my body into something beautiful.

I would like to reduce my body fat while retaining my LBM.

So maybe I will wind up somewhere in the 160's?

But I dont really care.

And that feels pretty stinking amazing.
    +1 million.

So freakin' glad we're friends. This post wins all.

Ladies....weightloss, this chick is doing it so right.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and my ultimate goal is 132. or maybe a bit more, but somewhere close :)
  • jacquitakelly
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 140
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" male 38 years old. Set my goal at BMI of 22. I've lost a little since that. Comfortable at 137. I also use body fat % as a guide also.
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and have a medium frame. I am aiming for 130-140 :)
  • ducklips
    ducklips Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and would be happy to weigh 170.
  • melissaroxie
    Options
    5'10 trying to get back around 125. I'm 150 currently.