This is why scales lie! (progress pics)

Options
Hey all, this is my first time posting progress pics here but having shared some on my instagram fitness account I figured it was time to share here as well. The first pic is of me around in July of this year and the second in November (sorry haven't taken a more recent one yet). According to the scale I've only lost 5lbs during that time (thanks to all the strentgh training/weights I like to do), I use to let the scale discourage me until I started taking progress pics and realized I actually was getting results! I'm still a major work in progress but I'm finally starting to feel good about my self.Just wanted to share and say don't let the scale get you down! :)

Me around June of this year
IMG_0112_zps07dfaabb.jpg

Me last month
IMG_2433_zps3abfbabd.jpg

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Wow, That's great!!!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great changes, keep up the good work!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thank you so much I have had a similar happening to me I have exercising and doing a core class and I see nothing happening on the scale but I do see a small difference with my clothes. I am trying to not get discouraged I just want the scale to move. Your proof it doesnt need to in order to see a change. thank you for posting.
    :)
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Keep up the fantastic work, you look great. You can def notice great progress be proud :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That's a GREAT five pounds lost!!

You look great and...CONGRATS!!
  • marion21keywest
    Options
    Wow! That's impressive. What a difference ! I'm just starting again having put 7 lbs on to an already overweight body following a cruise. We've booked for 2013 and I want to be at least 3 stone lighter by nov.
  • 300poundsdown
    Options
    amen to this!!! Since I started strength training I have found the same thing to be true. So happy you posted this. And by the way...you look AMAZING!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! You look totally hot! Great work!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Keep up the good work!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I know that I for one needed to SEE this. I really need to have one of my children hide my scale!
    You look amazing by the way!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible different. Good work!!!!
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look great! & we started our journeys around the same time!!! =) the scale really does lie lol
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement my scale isn't budging but I see my body changing each week.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing, needed to see something along this line, starting weight training and needed assurance
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement my scale isn't budging but I see my body changing each week.

That's all that matters. You look fantanbulous! You are going to rock the New Year!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

This is a wonderful example of what strength training can do. Also, a phenomenal example of why you shouldn't gauge your progress based on the number on the scale.

You look FAB! Keep up the amazing work!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You do INDEED Look Fabulous and it is Encouraging that the Strength / Weight Training may have contributed to the "Lack of Progress" on the Scale. My weight has crept up slightly in the past 2 weeks and I am hoping that it is because I have changed my Weight Training a lot.
    :heart: Thank You for posting this!!
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the incredibly kind words everyone ^_^. Glad I could help those also in the same boat, it can be frustrating sometimes LOL.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!