CALLING ALL RUNNERS!!

Options
There is an amazing group of people out there who are putting on 13 in 2013. You pick 13 races to complete in the year 2013. If you want to be a part of it, check it out:

http://ilovetorun262.blogspot.com/2012/12/13-in-2013.html

This will lead you to all the links. I joined and it's super motivating; I don't like wishing time away but I can't wait for the 1st of the year to get this thing started!!

One of the best parts of this is that virtual races count! Which means you can do them on your own time and a lot of the time they're free.

I hope to see you out there!

Replies

• ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea, I just signed up, Thanks!
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    No problem! The more the merrier :D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I signed up, too :-)
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and ready to do this!!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm in!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm still developing as a runner and have only done one 5K in my life, so I don't think I'm up to the task just yet, but I just had to check in and say - - nice tat!! What a gorgeous piece of art you have. +1 internets to you.
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    Hmm, I'll think about this!
    I'm a runner but not a racer. Only because I've never really tried before.
    I did the color run but I went with my friend who wanted to walk the whole time.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I would love to do more races this year, but unsure about 13! But if several of them are virtual, I might be able to swing it. I suppose signing up can only motivate me, so....here goes! :bigsmile:
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I signed up too!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Tried to sign up! but for some reason everything on the sign up sheet was in portuguese and my knowledge is limited haha! after filling it out how do you "enter"?
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Karrie262
    Options
    Hmm, I'll think about this!
    I'm a runner but not a racer. Only because I've never really tried before.
    I did the color run but I went with my friend who wanted to walk the whole time.

It doesn't matter if you don't "race." They are technically called races because there are some people who actually care about times and such, but those people train all year and are way serious about winning. The rest of us do it for fun! No pressure, just running :) The vibes are awesome with all the runners out there, you'll have a great time! I've NEVER regretted a race I've signed up for!
  • Karrie262
    Options
    I'm still developing as a runner and have only done one 5K in my life, so I don't think I'm up to the task just yet, but I just had to check in and say - - nice tat!! What a gorgeous piece of art you have. +1 internets to you.

Thank you! I'm working on getting more work done to cover up the rest of the back...gotta save up tho!
  • Karrie262
    Options
    Awesome!! So happy to meet so many runners!!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My goal is 12 10K runs in 2013 - maybe I'll add an extra one and sign upmhere
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would call myself a runner but I began in July 2012 when I found a group called Black Girls Run and this group has been so inspirational and motivating. I went from not having ever ran to using C25K to help me get started. I completed C25K on 08/30/12 and ran the first race (5K) of my life on 09/16/12. Since then I have completed 3 more 5k's, 1 10k and on Saturday my first half marathon. I think I can call myself a runner. I have already started looking at 2013 races and have 3 already paid for so this will be a nice challenge. Thank you for posting.