NO FAST FOOD APRIL CHALLENGE!

Options

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge!!!
    I don't eat it very often, but this will give me the drive to NOT hit up McD's etc when I feel the need/don't feel like cooking.
    No April Fool's Joke here, I'm going to do it :laugh:
    :flowerforyou: T
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    Happy first day of the challenge! Whoa... this is gonna be great!

Fact of the day:

Surgeon General David Satcher: "Fast food is a major contributor to the obesity epidemic"
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    [...] Ive always told myself that I hate fast food and that im not the type to eat that garbage all of the time.....then I see all the fast food reciepts in my wallet. hah...I think I lie to myself...:ohwell:
    I think we (people in general) contradict and deceive ourselves often. :laugh:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ok i'm in! i have already decided i need to take April to "spring clean" my body anyway. i had been having a lot of success earlier this year but slowly see myself slipping back into some bad habits and it shows on the scale!!!

i need you guys to hold me accountable and occasionally listen to me whine :cry:

good for us!!! a month from today we are gonna feel awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • princessfiona
    princessfiona Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I find I don't really crave or like fast food anymore, but sometimes it's too easy to be lazy...
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    so i was all geared up for this challenge when my Mom decided to go to Qdoba on our lunch date and my aunt was already there waiting for us!!!! booooo!!!!!!!!!! but i did try to make healthy choices and ended up keeping my calories to around 500.

seriously what are the odds??? i don't think i've ever been there with my Mom!!

better today, i packed my lunch for work when normally i'd just run out and grab something so.......Yay Me!!:drinker:

how's everyone else doing?
  • hbuffing
    hbuffing Posts: 23
    Options
    I am in... so far it is the second day and I have not eaten any fast food !!!!!! WHO HOO!!!!
  • that1girlsierra
    Options
    Hey guys!

I want to share some positive encouragement and motivation!!! :D

I gave up fast food for Lent, and did not allow myself to cheat, even on Sundays. I had this goal for a few reasons. I need to stop being *mindless* about what I eat. I would be sitting at home at 9pm, get a little hungry, and have a fast food run with my boyfriend and end up eating a whole separate meal after eating dinner, and I decided I wasn't okay with that. Two, I wanted to be more aware of what I was eating, like you never know exactly what's in fast food. Three, I wanted to save money, and four, obviously, just to be more healthy.

Let me tell you, it was hard at first, not gonna lie. I used to eat fast food at least 4 times a week.

But it got easier! After the first week, it was easier. By the fourth week, I could sit next to my boyfriend eating fast food and not even want it. It will get easier, and you will feel AMAZING and POWERFUL when it's over, I swear!!

Details:
    Including not cheating on Sundays, I gave up fast food for 46 days (Lent ends this Sunday!).
    I gave up McDonald's, Taco Bell (ouch...), Burger King, Arby's, Sonic, KFC, Panda Express, and Wendy's.
    I left Subway and Quizno's on the list, because when I think of my four reasons, those places do not come to mind. My choices of sandwiches from those places are actually pretty healthy, not too pricey, and those places use generally healthier than ingredients than the others.

Good luck everyone you can do it and take it from me, it's sooooo worth it!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I want to share some positive encouragement and motivation!!! :D

I gave up fast food for Lent, and did not allow myself to cheat, even on Sundays. I had this goal for a few reasons. I need to stop being *mindless* about what I eat. I would be sitting at home at 9pm, get a little hungry, and have a fast food run with my boyfriend and end up eating a whole separate meal after eating dinner, and I decided I wasn't okay with that. Two, I wanted to be more aware of what I was eating, like you never know exactly what's in fast food. Three, I wanted to save money, and four, obviously, just to be more healthy.

Let me tell you, it was hard at first, not gonna lie. I used to eat fast food at least 4 times a week.

But it got easier! After the first week, it was easier. By the fourth week, I could sit next to my boyfriend eating fast food and not even want it. It will get easier, and you will feel AMAZING and POWERFUL when it's over, I swear!!

Details:
    Including not cheating on Sundays, I gave up fast food for 46 days (Lent ends this Sunday!).
    I gave up McDonald's, Taco Bell (ouch...), Burger King, Arby's, Sonic, KFC, Panda Express, and Wendy's.
    I left Subway and Quizno's on the list, because when I think of my four reasons, those places do not come to mind. My choices of sandwiches from those places are actually pretty healthy, not too pricey, and those places use generally healthier than ingredients than the others.

Good luck everyone you can do it and take it from me, it's sooooo worth it!

good job girl! that's awesome! (i gave up facebook. i thought i was going to die. :D)
  • MFT2010
    Options
    keep it up everyone :) I still haven't had any fast food... however eating out at restaurants this weekend... doh...
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    besides my first day hiccup :grumble: i've been doing great! even yesterday i hit a point in my day where normally i'd drive thru

and grab something to hold me over, instead i ate the banana i had and drank a ton of water! yayaaaa:drinker:
  • MFT2010
    Options
    AWESOME :) keep it up! :drinker: cheers!
  • that1girlsierra
    Options
    Hey everyone! I wanted to add to my previous post:

Today's Easter, so I got Taco Bell to celebrate the end of Lent. Honestly, after not having it for so long, it tasted HORRIBLE! And I feel horrible after eating it. If you can make it through your 30 day challenge, you'll feel so much better, and you won't even want it anymore. I totally regret eating it, and I don't plan on having it or other fast food any time soon.

Hope this helps you stay on track! Take it from someone who made it 46 days, it only gets more gross and less desirable as the days go on.
  • MFT2010
    Options
    fact of the day:

McDonald's distributes more toys per year than Toys-R-Us
  • MFT2010
    Options
    2nd fact of the day:

Most nutritionists recommend not eating fast food more than once a month

WE CAN DO BETTER :) whoot whoot!
  • shanna618
    shanna618 Posts: 21
    Options
    Day 5....still fast food free here! feels good :wink:
  • amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in!? I haven't eaten fast food yet this april, so maybe I can make it into not eating out at all. I always find that when I don't eat out I eat less calories.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this will help. I wont go near fast food after seeing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IGtDPG4UfI

It wont grow mold. No roting. No break down. And we put this poison in our bodies...
    Imagine what is really in this junk tp preserve it. Yep & now those "preservatives" (aka chemicals) are in our bodies, not going anywhere b/c it doesnt breakdown & flush out.

SOmething we should all watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

My son did this as a 5th grade science experiment. It's sooo true.
  • MFT2010
    Options
    fact of the day: yikes!

Consider a basic medium meal at Burger King consisting of a Whopper with cheese, french fires and a vanilla shake. In that one meal, scarfed down in only ten minutes, are 87 grams of fat and 1,480 calories.

You won't fair much better with a McDonald's meal. A Big Mac, fries and shake contain 59 grams of fat, but still 1,460 calories.