2013 New Year Resolution

Options
Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.

Replies

• Feebee4
    Feebee4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine is to lose the last 4lbs! (been trying to get rid of those last few pounds for the last year!) & ofcourse carry on with the exercise!
    starting phase 2 of JBR today
  • Minki1990
    Options
    I want to tone up a bit :smile:
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i need to lose roughly about 70-80 lbs i have got untill 1st jan 13 to strengthen my will power but i am determined to do it properly this time as i have now got all the tools i need soo feel free to add me im logging but not starting properly untill new year.
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution does not seem, at first glance, to have anything to do with weight loss, fitness, or health. It is: To get my spending under control. If I am successful though, I will be eating out much less often and eating my own healthy cooking more often, indeed, most of the time. Hopefully, this will mean steadier drops on the scale and more NSVs in the near future.

Happy 2013 everyone!
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to lose roughly about 54lbs and maybe then some!! Best of luck to us all I know we can do it!!
  • kylieabbot
    kylieabbot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi, I need to loose a further 5lb but definitely tone up!!
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    i want to have a Bikini Body by my birthday - which is April 21st. I have my work cut out!!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i want to lose 30lbs by September next year when i get married!!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think I started my 2013 resolution about two months ago. I am shooting for a 5% reduction in body fat, and maybe 10-15 lbs. Let's do this.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about this subject for the last two days :)

The last year I have lost 60lbs or so and I am thinking I want to focus more on strength training/getting smaller with lifting. I also want to run my first 5k this year!

Tank top arms by summer ;)!!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Develop self belief, self esteem and self confidence.

Get down to approx 12% body fat.

Complete Tough Mudder.

Be a great friend and relative to the important people in my life, and be there for them whenever they need me.

Sort out my finances

Have my shoulder operated on to stop the bones grinding against each other, but will just get cortisone injection in feb first and try to make it till after tough mudder in june before have op, will manage pain till then!!

Sort out my head and get off the meds.

Get the 2 tattoos I want, which will mean I am mentally where I want to be.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I started "2013 challenge to lose 52 lbs". Hope to see everyone there. It's my new years resolution. Make it yours too.

Well, I can't lose 52 pounds - I'd be crazy underweight! - but I'm setting my new year's goals of finishing the Spartan Sprint, of completing a spending fast, and paying off 2 credit cards.
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution is to tone up and build lean muscle while reducing my body fat!
  • cprough
    Options
    My New Years Resolution is to loose 45 more pounds. Would love to by my birthday in July. Also....to keep it off.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Mine first resolution is to get into college. I need to buckle down. I pray I get accepted into ECU. I want to major in Kinesology

Second, I want to lose 50ish more pounds and get into a size 8
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    My resolution is just to continue doing what I am already doing. And I really don't need a special time of the year to do that.

52 pounds is a bit much for me to lose, but I wouldn't mind losing this last 19 pounds to get to my first goal weight. Or, better yet, I would love to just continue to feel better about myself. :)
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of goals for the next year, Some are inter related (Body Fat %, Weight loss, Inches loss and number of hours spent exercising) this is so that if i set a horribly unattainable goal I have others I can go by and not feel I failed when I've put the hard work in. I also have others like Budget and reading more. We will see how it works out.

Edit to include actual goals

48 lbs (average 4/mo)
    12% (1% body fat lost /mo)
    12 inches (average 1 in/mo off waist, neck, hips and chest)
    exercise 15 hours/ mo

Budget stay under $800/mo

Read 2 books per mo.

I have everything set up so I can see month by month about how I am doing on my goals. Then I have a spreadsheet I will print out and fill in when each months value is reached (even if it is earlier or later than expected) every 3rd square I fill in a collect a points. Those points I can use toward a reward (or Carrot) depending on the cost of the reward the number of points needed to get a reward will differ.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'd NEVER lose 50 lbs in a year even not pregnant. I don't really have a resolution this year, especially pertaining to weight loss. I guess if I had to pick one on the spot, would be to try to not gain more than 20 lbs during this pregnancy.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have no "major" Resolution because I've never followed through with one ... My goal is to continue on with with my lifestyle makeover by continuing to eat healthy , exercise and continue on with being smoke free .

Within the last 2 months I've already started on that , and within the last 2 weeks I have been smoke free ( smoker of 20 years )
  • madonifer
    madonifer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My Weight Goal is 30lbs. .. I can do this i know i can.. i just have to have change my lifestyle
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!