Jillian's 30 day shred!!!!

Options

Replies

• AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I think I will give it a try!!! Gonna use the videos on youtube first just to see if i like it, then if i do i will go and buy the dvd!!! :)
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    TAKE PICTURES! I was feeling extremely discouraged on day 15 until I compared pictures and saw my progress. Made me super excited for the second half!

^^This! Pictures and measurements! I didn't take measurements until the beginning of Level 2 and I totally regret it...I think I lost more inches during Level 1. :)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like the shred, Jillian has grown on me and I've gotten used to her style. I am on day 4 level 2 and my endurance is improving each day I do the shred. Like one poster said, the first 3 days of any level are the hardest. Level 2 is hard, but it's getting better and my strength is also improving. I bought 30 Day Shred for $8.99 through Amazon.com

I took measurements on the 2nd day of level 1 so it's kind of soon to tell if any improvements yet, but I can't wait to check measurements at the end of the 30 days for comparisons. I lost about 3 lbs so far.

I'm going to be doing Jillian's other dvd's too. Yoga Meltdown is next on my list
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started 30 day shred (level 1, day 3). Does anyone else have problems with the side lunges? I'm not sure I have the right technique despite paying attention to Jillian's instructions carefully... they seem to hurt my upper back and neck more than my legs!

So far I've found I haven't been able to complete the workout without around 3 5-second breaks, and I just can't complete the push-ups! Didn't think I was this unfit! How many days did you find it took you to complete the whole 20 minutes without a break?
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Look at your local library as well if you want to try the video before buying. I use the library website to have my requests delivered to my tiny local branch. Rfeminder to self: stop by on my way home to pick up New Rules of Lifting for Women :)
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    I had to go to my old blog to get my results from the 30DS...

I did this February 2011... here were my results

Before the shred:

Arms - 13"
    Bust - 43"
    Calves - 16"
    Hips - 47"
    Thighs - 26"
    Waist - 41"
    Weight - 196.3

After the shred:

Arms - 13" (zero change I need to REALLY work on that)
    Bust - 42" (-1 ")
    Calves - 15" (-1 ")
    Hips - 45" (-2 ")
    Thighs - 24" (-2 ")
    Waist - 37" (-4 ")
    Weight - 188.5 (-7.8lbs)

Total inches: -10 inches all over!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway thru level 3. I am loving it. It IS tough, especially the first couple of days of each level as others have said. I started with 5 lb weights and am now up to 7 lb and 10 lbs on some moves. Feeling stronger and more fit.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Definitely you should do it! I'm almost 58 years old. It was tough, but I made it through doing the modified moves. In a few months, I think I'm going to do it again and try to do the advanced moves (or maybe some of them) Do take before pictures, otherwise, you might be discouraged if you go by what you see on the scale.
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day shred a few days ago and I feel amazing!! Definitely worth it!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Do it! I started day one yesterday. I plan on doing it everyday. I got two sets of dumbells in 3 and 5lbs. I definitely felt some burn! Add me if you like!
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! I saw improvement after just 3 days, and lost inches in the first 2 weeks! I had ABS! I bought mine off of Amazon.com which I found is the cheapest. She has a 3 disc box set also that is a good deal if you want to have a variety :)

I vote Get It :)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I've done it three times, and I love it!
    It's important to track your inches rather than focusing on the scale.

It is on YouTube:

Level 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    Level 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594
    Level 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just started 30 day shred (level 1, day 3). Does anyone else have problems with the side lunges? I'm not sure I have the right technique despite paying attention to Jillian's instructions carefully... they seem to hurt my upper back and neck more than my legs!

So far I've found I haven't been able to complete the workout without around 3 5-second breaks, and I just can't complete the push-ups! Didn't think I was this unfit! How many days did you find it took you to complete the whole 20 minutes without a break?
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It kicked my *kitten*, but it works.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I also realize I was doing the lunges incorrectly. I stick with modified version of the harder exercises. I only go down half way with the modified push ups. Actually, I don't know if I go half way down. Just do the best you can do. Your form will get better with time. I'm more concerned with form as to avoid injuries. Hope you enjoy it. I will be doing day 3 this evening
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and it was tough! I am so unfit though! I won't be able to do it every day as I have to wait for the house to be empty so I can use a room downstairs.

I am rubbish at lunges - I fall over. Plus I can't seem to get the form right for press ups!
  • ChaiSpyce
    Options
    I started yesterday. I bought season 1 - 3 from Amazon Instant Video for 4.99. I stream it through my Roku player. I think the dvd was 9.99. It's on YouTube for free.
  • klp63
    klp63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would definately do the youtube videos. They have them on the BeFit channel. I liked doing them. i don't think i've done the shred one though.seems fun :)
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So I watched on youtube about the Jillian's 30 day shred!!! I'm kinda interesting in trying it out maybe starting on Jan. 1st!!! Those of you who have done it, what are you thoughts on it? Did you like it and did u get the result you wanted out of doing it???? Also how much are her dvd's, I need to find some that arent so pricey!!! Thanks!!! :)

Loved it! I did her 30DS several times through and now I'm finishing up her Ripped in 30 DVD. They're cost effective in my opinion, $8-ish I believe. I only bought her Ripped in 30 DVD, I downloaded her 30 DS video through Amazon's Instant Stream. I have to say, I was more of a cardio person before starting her DVDs, but after doing her videos I am enjoying her strength exercises she throws in. It's really the only way I get my "lifting" in, I'm not one for going to the gym and lifting weights. I also just recently started her Yoga Meltdown video, love it!

As far as results, I see a HUGE improvement in muscle tone for me.
  • princess0jessica
    princess0jessica Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey yall i started a group for 30 day shred! and it has a link for a spread sheet for us to keep track of out measurements and stuff..feel free to join we all need so me help and motivation :)