Design me a diet/fitness plan :D

Options
Here's the scoop:

I'm at about 125 lb of pure "skinny fat" on a super-petite 5'2" frame. Over the last two years, I managed to go from 145lb (my highest non-pregnant weight ever) and suffering from extreme lower back pain due to the belly fat dragging on my scoliosis, down to a fairly fit 113lb.

But in late summer, my schedule got messed up and I quit working out and tracking my intake. I gained over 10lb back and with the holidays soon behind me, it's time to resolve to get back on track.

Some friends are going in on a group gym membership with me. It will be my first and I don't know where to start!

Plus, I'd like to do something a little more structured with my eating/fitness than before. Before, I just counted calories and moved around as much as possible. Now, I'd like to have "a plan", but don't know how.

I do a lot of reading about fitness, and there's so much conflicting information and so many differing opinions and paradoxical "facts". I'm overwhelmed. This is why I haven't had "a plan" up to this point.

So, MFP forum fitness-experts: how would YOU suggest I start my new healthy habit?

currently:

i hate every exercise ever, but i can force myself to do whatever.

I own a bicycle and have a walkable furry pal.

i enjoy "healthy" tasting foods

i do not enjoy most meats. i'm not a vegetarian: i have a texture aversion to poultry or meaty stuff

i have a primarily sedentary lifestyle

i work 7 days a week so scheduling frequent workouts is an issue

i almost like yoga

i cannot function without coffee

i like supper better than breakfast.
HELP!

Replies

• MainEventMike
    MainEventMike Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat Less and exercise more
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

so continue doing what i'm doing with no focus ? great plan! tons of help.
  • Eat 1302 calories a day of whole grain, lean protein, and veg.
    390cals breakfast:8oz coffee(0), 8oz skim milk(90), 1 cup raspberries(64), 1 cup oatmeal made with water(159), 1 large boiled egg(77).
    391cals lunch: sandwich made of 2 slices sprouted whole wheat whole foods bread(200), 2 slices parma ham(75), and 1 slice mozzarella cheese(72), with 2 dill pickle spears(0) and a salad made of 1 cup spinach(7), 1 cup cherry tomatoes(27), and 20 roasted and salted soy nuts(9).
    521cals dinner: 1 cup egg noodles(100), 1 cup broccoli(31), 1 cup mushrooms(15), 1 cup baby carrots(53), 1 broiled skinless chicken breast(260), and for dessert 22 red grapes(62).
    Drink 8 cups of water a day.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat 1800 calories on rest days and 2000 a day on exercise days.

100g of protein, 45g fat daily. Make up the rest how you like. Meal timing = irrelevant.

Start Stronglifts 5x5 training - Fit the 3 days in where possible.

Walk 45mins - 1hr a day on rest days.

I don't know much about yoga, but I imagine you can do a few poses every day before work.
  • MainEventMike
    MainEventMike Posts: 22 Member
    Options

so continue doing what i'm doing with no focus ? great plan! tons of help.

You're welcome
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Eat about 1500-1800 calories a day (somewhere between your BMR and TDEE), including fresh veggies and fruit and protein. Have some sweets that you enjoy as well. Eat supper foods for breakfast if that's what you prefer. Drink lots of water and enjoy your coffee; no other beverages need apply.

Walk your furry pet every day 15 minutes. Lift heavy weights 2-3 x per week (start by reading New Rules of Lifting for Women--do stage 1, then switch over to Stronglifts.com), ride your bike at least 30 minutes 2-3 times per week (opposite lift days). Rest on the other days (except for the pet walk).

You're welcome.