How much calories do you take everyday

Options
before your start healthy eating/lifestyle?
how much did you subtract from that number or you just go down with 1400-1800 cal diet?

Replies

• Kitty7814
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly but it was somewhere around 3,000. I didn't subtract from that number, I went to the "net" goal of 1,260 that myfitnesspal recommended. I have only actually had 1,260 a few days. Most of the time I eat about 2,000 and work out to get down to the net goal, though only eating the 1,260 has been easier the past few days.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    it was erratic, sometimes 2500 or more, i,m 5'2.5" and started at 77kg,body fat %46, so i straight away started on calorie counting and1200 cals diet. lost 2kg=4.4 lbs so its approximately 1lb /wk ,its slow but as there is no time for exercise i'm happy with it.want to intensify the effort once exams are over.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. Im at 1600-1800 now.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    a hard 5500
  • justme9717
    Options
    I never counted calories before I started on MFP, but I guess I used to consume around 3000 calories..or even more...I used to eat a Lot! Now I'm down to 1200 calories...since just 10 days or so...but I'm gonna do this...n I'm gonna get slimmer that's for sure! :smile:
  • Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A LOT! When my mom cooked for me, she added lots of oil. I just really liked it that way. I also used to eat a whole 100-150 gram lay's chips bag in a single day. I also ate tons of candy, and fast food all the time, with some regular coke. When I think about it I'm really suprised I wasn't fatter than what I was.
  • stanluoser
    Options
    I use to eat whatever I liked because I thought my muscles would burn off whatever I ate. That's when I saw the scale was rising and I needed to drop some weight, and now I eat 1670 calories, and I dropped pounds but I have hit a plateau at 184 =(
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Now, I try to eat in the 1600 to 1800 calorie range, but before I have no idea. Enough to pack on the pounds though helped by not exercising.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I was bulking at 3100 callories im now eating 2700 callories to cut
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1700 although the MFP does tell me to eat 1800 kcal for losing 1lb per week....
    Pretty hard to keep to that since I do fidget a lot and do so much random things that can be class as a exercise... But you eating, I probably consume close to 2000kcal but let my daily random doings burn the remainder off xD
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I did not count before, but based on my experience gained from the last 4 months in counting calories... I had days in which I ate 1600-1800, but I had also some days getting up to 3000 calories and even more. For the last 2-3 years my weight had been the same, so they must be averaged around my maintainance calories at 95 kg (around 2300 calories).

Since I started here I have eaten around 1750-1850 calories. Because I am still losing around 0.5 kg / week (1 pound, approximately) I have not reset my calorie goal after my first 10 kg. I am planning on going lower only if I start to have long plateaus. I have had 1 week or 2 weeks plateau, but usually after that I lose bigger numbers for a week or two, so it averages to 0.5 kg.

I have lost 21-22 pounds in 18 weeks, with a 1 pound per week goal so for me it is a great deal.
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    2400-2700 depending on the day. Before I started it was probably about 2700 everyday (with no excercise).
  • freedski1
    freedski1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was probably eating 2500 to 3000 calories with binges up to 3500-4000 cals twice weekly. Now I'm eating 1400-1500 calories, but I'm not weighing myself so I don't know if I've lost.
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    may be 3000.........
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My day would be around 3000 calories but after raiding the fridge at midnight, i think i would be around 5000
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, though I'd guess around 2,000-2,500 for me on an average day. I just went with what MFP told me (1,300) to lose the weight - it's got to be a lot less than what I was eating!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was taking as many as I wanted. That's how I got fat. If I had been counting them I think I would have said WHOA and put the cheeseburger down.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was easily around 3,000-3,500 calories per day, MFP suggested 1,200 calories. I did that for about three weeks but felt I was sluggish and was having a lot of headaches. I upped my calories to 1570 per day and I feel much better. I think mentally it helped as well, some days I only eat around 1,200 anyway but knowing I can have more has been helpful for me.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It's just a guess but I probably had anywhere from 2000-3000. More on weekends and holidays, vacations, etc. Dropping it to 1200-1500, depending on exercise ( I have to eat more on heavy workout days), I've lost 40+ and gained muscle weight.

The first 2 weeks were the hardest. I was hungry all the time, so I supplemented my diet by adding just the white of boiled eggs to help keep me 'full'. Eventually, I guess, my stomach shrank some and it became MUCH easier. I also learned what food to eat to keep me full instead of filling up with carbs that would make me hungry too soon. Protein, whole grains, nuts, vegetables, beans, fruits and anything with a ton of fiber in it works wonders.

Now, I eat 3 meals a day and if I get hungry in between meals I eat something. I'm actually less hungry than I was when I was a garbage eating machine. :)
  • myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think it was 3000 on a regular day and then when I binge out prolly about 5000 and I'm only 5'2" ... felt like a round fat balloon.