Xmas is nearly over..New Year resolutions?

Options
twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
Merry Christmas to all :drinker:

Do you have any New Year resolutions coming up?

Mine is to try to spend more time making sure I look better instead of getting up in the mornings and looking like something the cat dragged in for the rest of the day.

Oh and of course sticking with the better body thing lol!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon

Find a yoga class

Moderate my alcohol intake
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    take my lunch more often instead of eating at the food court next door. I'll save a lot of money and calories!
  • twinketta
    Options
    hmmm yeah I have to go with the last bit too lol!

Especially having enjoyed a glass of wine with Xmas dinner...Prob added a few calories that I could have done without lol!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I hate New Year's Resolutions because it seems like no one sticks to them. But I'm making one this year: Recovery.
  • twinketta
    Options
    take my lunch more often instead of eating at the food court next door. I'll save a lot of money and calories!

My hubby orders a kebab from the takeaway about 3 times a week even ordered one on Xmas eve..and to show what a loyal customer he is the delivery guy brought a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift.

What is so annoying is that my hubby is 6ft 2in and super fit.....arrrgggghhhh prob cos he works out like crazy...

maybe I need to work out more too lol!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm still tossing back and forth between just completeing a marathon or finishing a half-marathon in under 2:15.
    Maybe there will be time for both :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

My hubby orders a kebab from the takeaway about 3 times a week even ordered one on Xmas eve..and to show what a loyal customer he is the delivery guy brought a bottle of wine as an Xmas gift.

What is so annoying is that my hubby is 6ft 2in and super fit.....arrrgggghhhh prob cos he works out like crazy...

Disgusting, ins't it :sad: but yes, those döners are indeed yummy!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Get back down to around 126/128Ibs and maintain.
    Get back into some form of study.
    Read more books.
    Earlier bedtimes.
    Move to a new apartment.
  • twinketta
    Options

Disgusting, ins't it :sad: but yes, those döners are indeed yummy!!

Yep but don`t the people that can eat them and not put on weight make you sooooo mad
  • twinketta
    Options
    Read more books.
    Earlier bedtimes.
    Move to a new apartment.

Oh yep and you just added a new one to my list ...read more books, hubby just bought me 2 books as presents I need to make more time to read.,...is there any way to lose weight while reading..:tongue: please
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Read more books.
    Earlier bedtimes.
    Move to a new apartment.

Oh yep and you just added a new one to my list ...read more books, hubby just bought me 2 books as presents I need to make more time to read.,...is there any way to lose weight while reading..:tongue: please

Yup read on a treadmill or exercise bike lol, though I wouldn't try doing jumping jacks at the same time.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Mine is to try to spend more time making sure I look better instead of getting up in the mornings and looking like something the cat dragged in for the rest of the day.

No.....I don't make promises I can't keep. HaHa.
  • linnamor
    Options
    Get a job as I've just been made redundant and go to the gym every day until I do. Diet lapsed until 1st Jan.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm out the door in the morning before I've even had the chance to look at myself lol. But I drive a school bus so it's not like I have to be dolled up for work.

My New Year's Resolution is to grow my business to the point where i will be done with bus driving for good in June! I know I can do it!
  • twinketta
    Options
    Read more books.
    Earlier bedtimes.
    Move to a new apartment.

Yup read on a treadmill or exercise bike lol, though I wouldn't try doing jumping jacks at the same time.

Not sure about that, motion sickness comes to mind lol and the jumping jacks...phew
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mine is so 'be more vain', much like the OP's. I will be transitioning to all natural beauty products and cleaning products. My other is to just keep plugging away.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Get a job as I've just been made redundant and go to the gym every day until I do. Diet lapsed until 1st Jan.

When one door closes another one opens???
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    275 by my birthday. Go on a date. Travel. Those are my goals for the year. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Merry xmas!

Mine is to lose the last 15lbs I want to lose and to lower my body fat percentage.

Also, like you, I need to make more effort in the mornings. Hard though sometimes with 2 young kids and a husband who works shifts. Can't risk leaving my hair straighteners on for example.

A work one too....I need to keep more up-to-date with my marking (I'm a teacher).
  • _namaste_
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!!

For me my resolutions are to keep with what I have been doing (eating very well, MFPing, running, yoga, strength training). I plan to complete a 5k and 10k race sometime in 2013 (probably spring). I also want to try and do my hair more often.... LOL! I work out at least once every day, half of the days twice and so my hair is often in a ponytail or wet from a recent shower. I love when I have the time frame to curl it and wear it down once in a while! :D

Oh! I also want to lower my body fat percentage a good bit. I don't know exactly how much but I want to really lose the last of the fat accumulated when I was pregnant with my kids. My tummy is flatter now than ever before (kids), but I want to lose the layer of fat and tone it up right good. I want to proudly wear a bikini on a trip in spring/summer and feel GOOD about my body. :)