NOW what's your New Years Resolution?

Options
So statistics show that the number one New Years resolution is "To lose more weight" since we're all ahead of the game so to speak by being on MFP, what are your new resolutions?

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    To be more organised, keep a tidier house and get out of debt. I don't want to lose much more weight but want to drop my body fat%.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have no New Year Resolutions. I either do it or don't do it. Most New Year Resolutions fail anyways.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    There is already an established topic for this, just below yours, so why start another ?
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will become a Grandfather for the first time around the 23rd of June 2013 and my New Year's Resolution for this coming year, and every year for the rest of my life, is this. My grandchild will never have known me as morbidly obese and unfit and they never will.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    There is already an established topic for this, just below yours, so why start another ?

My resolution is to not respond to answers like this.

Doh! ;)
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Mine is to try to be less awesome! But im not very confident because I failed miserably at this very same resolution in 2012!! :bigsmile:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Lose weight
    70.3 Triathlon
    Manage my money A LOT better.

The most important:

Meet as many of my MFP friends that I can..
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    To increase my workouts from 3x a week to 5x a week.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not to drink for a year.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I only lost half the weight I wanted to this year, so the goal is to lose the rest.
    get a new job.
    maybe move.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    To finally become proficient in martial arts. :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    To find a job
    To save enough money to go to disneyland :drinker:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    To build our company by getting one more client to sign on with us. To successfully detox and start the year off clean and to let those I care about how they mean to me every day.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention, I just put them together.

(From my wordpress blog)

My 2013 New Years Resolutions

1) Lose the rest of the weight I want to lose

Degree of Difficultly: Minor

I am actually at “normal” weight right now, I just want to lose a few more pounds (11) to get well ensconsed in normal weight and to have taken off 100 pounds. Alex wants me to get down to 120 so that I can say I’m half the Al I used to be, but screw him, right in the ear.

Plan to Acheive: Continue with what I have been doing. Maintaining a caloric deficit and exercising.

2) Keep the weight off once I reach goal.

Degree of Difficulty: Medium

This is something I’ve always had issue with, I think I’ve finally figured out how to do it… Smart choices and exercise.

Plan to Acheive: I’m going to move my calorie budget up to a 0 calorie surplus once I hit goal. I will continue my exercise regimen so I should have calories enough to eat my food. Right now I’m doing a real good job at it and the only thing I’ve stopped eating is potato chips in my tunafish sandwiches.

3) Get out on a date with Janine at least once a month, no kids.

This was a resolution for 2012 and we managed 11 of 12 months. We are completely reliant on others for being able to make this happen, and we have to allow ourselves time away from Talia.

Plan to Achieve: Until camp opens I’m hoping we can have Dave and/or Maureen take Talia on a random Saturday afternoon so we can catch a movie. Nights are a little stressy on us if we can’t find someone who would come to the house and watch Talia and put her to bed as bringing her home wakes her up and throws off her game for the night and usually the week.

4) Run a half marathon by the end of the year

I want to run a full marathon in 2014 and work towards qualifying for the 2020 Boston Marathon. Why 2020, because when I turn 50 the time I need to have ran another Marathon to qualify gets 5 minutes longer. If I somehow qualify before then as a 40 something, that’s just gravy.

Degree of Difficulty: High

It’s going to be hard work and I’m going to have to build my running base and put my time in and my miles in on my feet. Plus, I’m eating fairly well now, but I’m going to have to pay even better attention to my nutrition while I train.

Plan to Achieve: Hal Higdeon’s 1/2 Marathon Training Plan

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51312/Half-Marathon-Novice-2-Training-Program

My friend Allison, a serious runner, recommended the plan to me when I told her I wanted to run a half marathon next year.

Also, I plan on NOT RUNNING (seriously, I’m super cereal about this) from January 2nd until March 10th. To really let my foot heal. I may also go somewhere other than Runner’s Alley to get fit/matched up with a new pair of running shoes as I have serious concern that they, and not overtraining, caused my Planar Faciatias. They eyeballed everthing and didn’t have me get on a treadmill or do any of the spiffy foot analysis that I was expecting them to do. They seemed to know their stuff so I trusted them and I’m wondering now if that was the best idea. Once I know for sure what brand and type I should be wearing, I’ll go back there as they were really good with everything else I needed but the woman helping me out with my shoes may have dropped the ball.

6) Meet as many of my running/fitness goals as I can

Degree of Difficulty: Meduim

My goals are to PR a 5K and a 10K also complete the Tough Mudder and the aforementioned half marathon. I’d like to be able to chest press my own weight and maybe possibly bench it as well.

Plan to Achieve: Well for the Tough Mudder the running part is mostly covered by my normal running but I’m gonna have to step it up a little on the non-cardio at the gym. I’ll also work on my endurance and speed running once I’m hale. I’m going to add 5 pounds to my chest press everytime I can go two workouts with 2 sets of 10 in a row at that weight. Then maybe I’m going to have to find someone to spot me when I start trying to do bench presses.

7) Read More

Plan to Achieve: Once I can be running regularly the Ellipticals become my “rest day” activity and I won’t be lollygagging by reading while I’m on the Ellipticals. I’m going to try it now and see if it really slows me down. Maybe I don’t even have to wait until then

8) Take a day off a week from exercise

I know I should take the occasional rest day but now, my “rest days” are I don’t run 2 days in a row and I don’t hit the weight two days in a row but I’m exercising every single day because if I exercise I can eat more and at caloric deficit that’s fairly attractive. However, I’m resting from running every other day and resting from lifting every other day.

Plan to Achieve: Well once I hit goal my caloric budget increases by 500 calories a day. So if I hit goal not exercising won’t leave me eating super light. Plus this year I have been loath to take any day off because of the fitness Challenge but I’m not gonna stress over it next year. If taking a day off a week causes me to lose, so be it. This is all about me not some spreadsheet on google docs.
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This might sound strange, but my goal is to withdraw some at work. I want to be me, but I want to be a more private, professional me. My boss is leaving early in January so I have the opportunity to shine and take on some new responsibilities in a field where opportunities for growth are scarce. I feel like I need to share less of my private life in order to create a more professiomal reputation. I tend to allow coworkers too far in, share too much of my private life, and find myself placing way too much weight on relationships with my coworkers. I want to separate my emotiins from work some and be a bit more "all business" at work (without losing my sense of compassion for my coworkers).
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My New Year's resolution is to reach my weight goal and maintain it. If I can do this, it will be the first time I ever kept my NY resolution. For years I've made the resolution to lose weight and would always bomb out by February.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Be ready for the local zombie mudder by septemer.
  • Cathcandoo
    Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am going to get to know my MFP's better....let's start with you, Doll....what is YOURS???
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Not a resolution, but more like a "to complete off my bucket list"-I'm going to run a 5K.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Stop biting my nails.
    Leave my phone alone while driving.