P90X-New Here

Options
Going on 2nd week of P90x. New to this site and would like to see who else is doing the workout program for support.

Replies

• Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Insanity but I plan to start P90X afterwards. Would love to hear everyones thoughts or comments about p90X prior to starting. Good Luck to you! :wink:
  • cindywomack1
    cindywomack1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No P90x for me, either - sorry. Starting TurboFire soon and am really excited about it. I have been doing some of Insanity: The Asylum with my husband. I LOVE IT!
  • urnoone25
    Options
    Thanks. I'm loving P90x. Its not my first time trying the program. I've actually "started" a bunch of times but always fall off the wagon for one reason or another. W/ changes in diet you start seeing results relatively quick. The exercises aren't repetitive so that keeps you from getting bored. It really is a great program.
    I tried insanity and really like it 2, but I have knee problems and find myself in too much pain after a week or 2. I lend the dvds to a friend so hopefully they'll get more out of it. How far are you into insanity?
  • montsefamily
    Options
    Hi, my name is Adriana and I`m from Chile... I want to start P90X BUT i FEEL TOO HEAVY !! i WANT TO KNOW IF SOMEONE DID IT BEING OVERWEIGHT....PLEASE!!!. I am 105.2 kg and 1.69 cms tall :)
  • urnoone25
    Options
    If you check out the beachbody.com and look for success stories you'll find people in similar situations that have gotten through the programs successfully. Just go at your own pace and choose weights that you can handle fairly well.
  • r0ckclimbingm0m
    Options
    I do P90X periodically. I rock climb so it ends up being too much strength training if I do the program as recommended. However, I find it's a nice workout to supplement with at home.

You said your knees hurt with Insanity; do you find that with P90X as well? Both of my knees are bad, and I really have to modify some of the exercises to make it work for me.

Good luck with your program!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I did P90X a few years ago, at age of 49. I really did enjoy it. It gave me muscle definition that I still have, even after a couple of years of less-than serious exercise. Now that I'm back exercising I find everything coming back really quickly.

The positives:

- Tony Horton is really upbeat and does give some humor. Newbie or not all he ever asks of you is to continue to press play. People make the mistake thinking they have to do it perfectly and in pace with the DVD. Not at all! If you are going to stick with it then press pause and catch your breath! It will improve, trust me.

- The variation was good.
    - Favorites were 'Legs and Back' and 'Plyometrics'

The negatives:

- If you are a serious cardio person then this program may not be enough. It was enough for me but from what I've heard it is nothing like Insanity in that realm.

- Didn't care for the Yoga DVD. It was really, really long and was hard on my joints.

That was just my quick take. If you want more info or anything just drop me a note or friend me. In the end I would recommend it.

Good luck!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm currently on my second round of P90X. I completed the Lean program first and decided to plow straight into a second round (P90X Classic). I'm completely hooked. Down 45 pounds to date. Working it every day.

I belong to a really supportive group on MFP (link below)
    Good luck with your journey. Stick with it and you will be successful. Feel free to add me as a friend.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5498-p90x-insanity-the-game-changers
  • Prasanp
    Options
    P90x is very good - I have had very good experience in the first 30 days. The thing though is you need to expect to fail in some of the exercises but be strong enough to keep hitting it hard everyday. If u can sustain that - the results will be awesome. The bigger thing is clean diet - without that there is not much progress.... wish u all the best! Drop in a note if u need any specifics...