Your worst present

Options

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    my hubby bought me a duvet set because he liked it. it was freaking awful- all beige, and it was just like looking at wrongness! i usually get nothing from him though, which to be fair i prefer!
    my mum also got me this awful gold bracelet from Avon. it was tasteless (given at the time i thought i was the queen of grunge, so a gold bracelet really didn't fit with that), but i had to wear it and it made my arm go green.
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    I got a Shake Weight for Christmas. No joke!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This Christmas - my husband - gave me nothing. Zero. Says a lot
    :ohwell:
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ok I have 2...
    The first one was 2 pot holders from my mother in law
    and the second was...
    2 left boots
    :huh:
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My first bra and panty set for my birthday when I was in third grade. Not only did I open it in front of my friends, but my first crush was there too! LOL. Chad was SOOOO dreamy haha

HA! This reminds me of my 5th grade Christmas gift exchange. As I got my present, this girl at another desk had her hands folded in a pleading gesture for me not to open the present. It was a pair of panties!! She was just as mortified as I was...her mother thought it would be a good idea! Boys in the class too!
  • larosevear
    Options
    A few years ago a firmer friend if mine started dating her first boyfriend who was a fire fighter. Being a fire fighter schedules can get hectic and the possibility for a date night can be slim. So I put together this date night package for the two of them for Christmas. In return she gave me salad dressing that you can buy at any store because it was my favorite. :/ I would have been fine with just a Christmas card.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 I asked my grandfather for a specific video game. I ended up getting a completely different video game for a system that I didn't own.
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    An ash tray and cigarette lighter from my MIL - I don't smoke and never have. :smokin:
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This Christmas - my husband - gave me nothing. Zero. Says a lot
    :ohwell:

Neither did mine ... but because i handle the finances ...if i need any thing he takes it for granted i will get it when we can afford it .

I remember when we were courting ...lol. one Christmas he brought me a blouse ...and it was yuk ! Then he gave my sister a necklace...GRRRRR !
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: Dont know about the worst but one year we received 13 tins of biscuits ...As we live in a complex of 11 units ...and some doubled up .
    This year 3 Lions 1.5 kg Xmas cakes ...4 box's of chocolates and 1 kg packet of shortbread ...lmao

Well the thought was there ...
    For the men in the units i did soap on a rope ...And the ladies hand towel and face washer ...can never have to many of those .
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    an ex gave me a vacuum for an apartment that wasnt even mine, really cheap lotions are a close second, wont/cant use them, no way no how
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I lived in San Diego and my mother got me a knit cap with matching scarf........ummmmmm, must have been a regift cause it never gets that cold in San Diego. Love her for trying....lol.
  • Bella20102010
    Bella20102010 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Body glitter from my mother-in-law. Serious.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    My MIL is the queen of bad gifts. She batted about .25 this year and actually got us a thing or two that not only we will use, but weren't completely inappropriate. Among the inappropriate as a gift category- toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, jail house style toothbrushes, soap, sample mouthwash, 3 boxes of tissues, and a ziplock full of k-cup tea and coffee singles (we do not have a Keurig) and a couple hand towels (all pilfered from the local hotel.) Among my things were a medium shirt, a large shirt, and an extra large, i guess she was unsure.

Among the madness were trash bags. Which sounds lame at first, but the more I thought about it, idk. She never buys the cheap trash bags. As a matter of fact, I get upset when I run out of hers at home and have to use my own! lol
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I got 12 tubes of dried out super glue, 12 pocket knives, a Gillette for men pack of disposable razors and a can of Axe body spray from my Dad. Guess he didn't get the memo 33 years ago that I was born a girl.

He got my Mom a giant bag of rubber bands.

Really.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My MIL found out I like snowmen and now every year without fail, I get something snowman related. I'm so over snowmen at this point. LOL Because my birthday is also in December, I often get snowmen gifts for that as well. She is also great for getting me bath and body works. I like the stuff, but don't need that much of it. You would think after nearly 18 years she would know me better.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Worst ever, but it makes for an awesome story!

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave us what she called a "couple's gift". That year her favorite son (my brother-in-law) had gotten a new laptop, snowboard, a season lift pass, and a quad. In our gift bag we received 3 peppermint dinner mints (the name of the restaurant they'd eaten at was stamped on the wrappers) 4 shop towels (previously used but washed and folded neatly) a small bottle of off-brand drugstore lotion (with the 1.99 price tag still stuck on the bottom) and a painfully obvious regifted plastic ornament (when we flipped it over to the back side, it said, "Merry Christmas! Love, The Hollingsworth's." We still have no idea who the Hollingsworth's are...) I wonder if she just went through the house and grabbed some odds and ends and tossed them all in a gift bag at the last minute. But it's not like we were last minute guests. We'd been invited weeks earlier.

We know they aren't rich so we weren't expecting grand things, but I think something more thoughtful and caring, such as a handwritten note and a plate of cookies would have been more appropriate. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been forced to watch my brother-in-law open all those big ticket items in front of our faces. To my mother-in-law, my husband is just the spawn of her "evil" ex, while my brother-in-law is the angel child of her current honey. She's a real piece of work.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Worst ever, but it makes for an awesome story!

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave us what she called a "couple's gift". That year her favorite son (my brother-in-law) had gotten a new laptop, snowboard, a season lift pass, and a quad. In our gift bag we received 3 peppermint dinner mints (the name of the restaurant they'd eaten at was stamped on the wrappers) 4 shop towels (previously used but washed and folded neatly) a small bottle of off-brand drugstore lotion (with the 1.99 price tag still stuck on the bottom) and a painfully obvious regifted plastic ornament (when we flipped it over to the back side, it said, "Merry Christmas! Love, The Hollingsworth's." We still have no idea who the Hollingsworth's are...) I wonder if she just went through the house and grabbed some odds and ends and tossed them all in a gift bag at the last minute. But it's not like we were last minute guests. We'd been invited weeks earlier.

We know they aren't rich so we weren't expecting grand things, but I think something more thoughtful and caring, such as a handwritten note and a plate of cookies would have been more appropriate. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been forced to watch my brother-in-law open all those big ticket items in front of our faces. To my mother-in-law, my husband is just the spawn of her "evil" ex, while my brother-in-law is the angel child of her current honey. She's a real piece of work.

That is just sad. I wonder if she has any clue on how hurtful she is being. Or if she does it on purpose or she just doesn't care. I am glad your hubby found you so at least someone truly loves him.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    hpaYH.jpg
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    a Dr. Seuss book for High School Graduation! I thought ''THIS SUCKS!!!''
    I flipped through it thinking there was some money stashed inside...but, NO! A children's book! How could that be?!

I saved it and it later became a treasure to me... I read it to my nephew every night and later to my own children... Now it's in a keepsake box. I love that book.