What in the world?!

Options
Alright, I've lost 7 pounds since I started doing this, and I'm now seeing stretch marks that either weren't there before, or weren't visible.. :grumble:

How does this happen????

What can I do to make it STOP?

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I hope there is an answer!

I just assumed it was part of the process for me now that I'm post-two-babies-living-in-there LOL.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Well I thought all of mine had faded down to white. The ones I'm seeing now are red, like they start out in the beginning. I just don't understand how I'm getting them while I'm losing weight.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me. I assumed it was because our bellies are getting smaller now? So the stretch marks are showing more? Same thing happened after I had my kids....
  • loverrgirrl
    Options
    i would be really interested to find out the answer as i have this issue too. it seems stretch marks that werent there before are popping up out of no where and they are BRIGHT RED. its very annoying!
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    I dont know where you all come from, so havent a clue if you can get this or not. Try and use Bio Oil it is great. My pregnant daughter uses it and she hardly got any stretch marks XXX
  • lilmestydaze
    lilmestydaze Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It is happening to me too! My theory is that our tummys (or whatever body part) was stretched out so much that you couldn't see the stretch marks. So now that you are getting smaller....the fat behind the skin is shrinking so your skin doesn't have to stretch as much. Since it isn't stretching..you notice the marks.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Use Bio Oil!!!!!!!!!!! It really works especially on new stretch marks. It is sold at Walmart and other pharmacies. :flowerforyou:
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i wish i knew..but i do not think there is much we can do to stop it! Ive been noticing the same, IT SUCKS!!

Has anyone tried Celtrixa? I heard it was good but i have not tried it and don't know much about it!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I dont know where you all come from, so havent a clue if you can get this or not. Try and use Bio Oil it is great. My pregnant daughter uses it and she hardly got any stretch marks XXX

Oops you beat me to it...:laugh:
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only on this is happening to. I've been using vitamin E oil, but I will look into the other products as well.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I noticed this the other night as well.

I guess it's a good thing? :ohwell:
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It is because your skin is not stretching out the stretch marks anymore. The skin around them is beginning to sag and pull on the old stretch marks making them more noticeable.