New people

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I do not say that if you eat too little you will be deleted. Please don't put words in my mouth.

As for the leaving a message thing - when you go to add someone, it gives you the option to include a message. All I'm asking is for a courtesy note with the add. It's not a big deal.

But again..this is what is on MY profile and it has nothing to do with anyone being NEW.

Right now you are grasping at straws . the point of the forum is to have discussions and give your opinions..and yes, even have a friendly argument. How am I a hypocrite?

And the way your OP went, it sounded more like a gripe.

Also, I'm not easily offended. I just think it is poor taste to come off the way it did.

Also to the OP - I'm not easily offended but I am offended at how you have twisted my words from my profile in your post.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    it seemed to help quite a few of the new people from what i saw.
  • lovinglife80
    Options
    Hello my name is Esther. I wanted to give this another try and thought that having some friends on here might help so I made it my goal to gain some friends today!
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This morning I thought to myself, "Hrmm, lets look through the introduce yourself forums and see if there are any interesting people there to become friends with". I did and half of you haven't even bothered to fill out your profiles. How are we suppose to know if we would be good friend matches if we dont know anything about you? Its a good idea to show your commitment to your journey by telling us about yourself before asking for friends.

Totally True! I was gonna send you a FR but then I saw you loved hello kitty stuff and I was like ehh, run the other way. :flowerforyou:
    Hello Kitty is kinda cute lol
  • adiamiller
    Options
    I just joined and the first thing I did was write in my profile!

Nice to meet you~ I hope I can have many friends to motivate me and help me shed a few pounds! I tend to do a diet and then once I skip a day of watching the calories, I end up giving up on my whole diet!
  • jeanniekee98
    Options
    Good point there...well i'm new here and i would lke to have friends to talk with
  • hazellatrice
    hazellatrice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    adiamiller , i used to do that but now i just back track nd out in what i missed or just start over ! never give up
  • hazellatrice
    hazellatrice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    And to add..I don't need them to prove anything via their profile for me to add them.

I don't think that someone who has this huge story or lots of info on their profile is any more or less committed to their goals as one who may have little to nothing on their profile.

I prefer to give people a chance to prove themselves through actual things that matter....like logging their foods and exercise...asking questions if they have any...and lending support when they are able.
    ..... your so right baby steps goes a long way
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ha. This thread has fail all over it. Who gives a *kitten* if people fill out their profiles. Jesus. Damn MFP Nazi.

Dear new people,
    I will be your friend and motivate you REGARDLESS if your profile is filled out or not.
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Lol @FitBeto, you made me laugh. You too, ModifiedMama :smile: Agreed, having a profile and knowing about someone is nice, but I will still support people even if they don't have full profiles.
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    The majority of introductions I've read tonight without any profile information have little to no replies. People generally do want to read them to see if they'd be a good match up before adding them as friends. Good advice, Dauntlessness - in my opinion.