ZUMBA!!!

Options
I started doing Zumba about 1.5 months ago. i try to go 3 times a week. I searched on this site (new here as of 2 days ago) for how to log it in as my exercise. I guess the best thing to do is buy a HRM and wear it while i do the class????

also, i'd love to know of a good Zumba DVD!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE MY CLASSES!!!! if it is not fun, i won't stay involved.....if u haven't tried it yet, do it!!!!

Replies

• itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba once a week and I LOVE it! I burn about 450 calories in an hour. When I first started and wasn't very good shape my HR was a lot higher and I averaged about 550 - 600 calories. I don't know about the dvd's but I'm sure there are some here who have them and will let you know.
  • aurablue
    aurablue Posts: 12
    Options
    Love, Love Zumba! I go Wed nights and look forward to it every week. I wish I could go more. Sorry I have no help for the DVD purchase just chiming in for anyone contemplating ZUMBA. DO IT!!
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    thanks!!!! I agree!!!!!:bigsmile: everyone needs to try it!!! it's so much fun!!!!
    i must say that i am still breathing heavy haha...:ohwell: so i bet i'm burning a good bit!!! I don't have a HRM but will look for one soon!!!! :drinker:
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    They have it at my gym .. is it hard to learn if you are notr coordianted? :)
  • sioannone
    sioannone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM and take a 1 hour Zumba class twice a week. Love it! I searched various sites and most said for a 150 lb. person, you would burn 400 - 450 calories per hour at an intermediate level. One site said you could estimate 100 calories more or less depending on the level of exertion. I use 400. I would love to hear from someone who has used a HRM for the class. Anyone?
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a class close to my house that was open to the public. I have some vids, but I think I'd ahve more fun in a class....
  • coold
    Options
    wow, natalie!!!! just looking over your signature stats!!! awesome!!!! i'd like to get down to 126 again!!! not sure what my body fat % is right now!!!! i think i'm carrying muscle weight..i'm at 137 but my clothes are pretty much still fitting that i wore at 126....just more snug....can't wait for May to see where I am!!

i literally NEVER watched what i ate till 2 days ago when i joined!!! this is brutal!!!
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi...LOVE ZUMBA!!! I enetered my calories burned by wearing a HRM...BEST investment ever!! I have Zumba Fitness Rapido and Zumba Advanced that I really like. I take a class 2x week as well but will use the dvd if I miss a class or if I am just short on time and can't get to the gym for a workout...

During my class (an hour) I burn about 410-440...the dvds a little less...maybe 280 to 300...they are not quite an hour
  • coold
    Options
    haha!!! i am totally not coordinated!!! i just do what i want if i fall behind or mess up!!! no, it's not!!! the music makes it fun!!!! do your own thing!!!
  • jones97
    jones97 Posts: 1
    Options
    Love Zumba! I go about 3 times per week. I am in pretty good shape and I burn about 700 calories in a class with the right teacher. I wouldn't think it was worth it to only burn 400 calories! You have to REALLY REALLY get into it and you can really burn it up!
  • coold
    Options
    thanks for the responses!!! i guess a heart rate monitor is necessary!!! i'll just log it under dancing or i'll create my own entry!!!!

the classes ARE a lot of fun....but i want a video for when i can't go! i find myself googling videos!! haha...sure u have done that also!::embarassed:
  • coold
    Options
    700 calories!? YIPPEEE!!haha...i'll remember that tonight!!!

rollerblading really burns too!!!! 45 min. burns almost 600!!!!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I found this site for Zumba DVD's. I'm really thinking about buying them since everyone says Zumba is a blast.

https://www.zumbafitness.com/flare/next
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am going to try out my first Zumba class tonight. I have high hopes
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I found this site for Zumba DVD's. I'm really thinking about buying them since everyone says Zumba is a blast.

I am too! My gym doesn't offer Zumba and my co-worker raves about it and don't feel like paying extra for one class somewhere else.
  • coold
    Options

thanks so much!!! it really is!!!
  • coold
    Options
    I am going to try out my first Zumba class tonight. I have high hopes
    please let us know what u thought!!!!
  • ctimmb01
    ctimmb01 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love love Zumba, I go about 3-4 days a week. I bought the DVD's from the Zumba site. I am sending them back. I think the DVD's have too much talking and they take the fun out of it. Consider a different set.
  • coold
    Options
    Thanks for that heads up about the DVD's!!!

I went to my class tonight for the first time in 2 weeks...i can't move!!! haha...i did a 10k on Saturday in New Orleans (my first) AND I AM STILL SORE!!!
  • sunshineprincess
    Options
    Love it! I am not good at it but the music keeps me moving! If I am moving I am burning calories right!