Diabetic trying to lose weight

Options
I am new to this sight and to message boards and blogging. I am a diabetic with several other health issues. I feel if I could lose weight I could overcome some of my problems. I'm hoping to find support on here because I have a hard time getting it elsewhere.

Replies

• katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am pre-diabetic so I can feel your pain to an extent. Welcome :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WELCOME! MFP has certainly helped me to control my T2. Logging your carbs and sugar is extremely helpful. And there are plenty of supportive people here. :)
  • TexMexBel
    TexMexBel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am insulin dependent type 2 diabetic and am always battling my numbers so I certainly can relate. Feel free to add me for support if you want. I am really trying to lose this FAT in hopes I can eventually get off the insulin or at least reduce my doses.
  • bfnxtrr
    Options
    I am in a similar situation. I have Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is also insulin resistant along with multiple other health issues. I have battled with weight my entire life but now have the determination and drive to do something about it. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other.
  • nurselisamarie
    Options
    welcome! I'm new also, as of yesterday. you can do it! I'm here because I'm having trouble finding support and accountability elsewhere also. feel free to message me.
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic. Feel free to add me-my diary is open
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There are at least two support groups dedicated to people with Diabetes. You can do a search for these groups where you will find lots of encouragement and support.