14567810»

Replies

• katattak73
    Options
    you look great!! awesome work!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I woke up in September 2010 and again December 2010 when I decided to make some major lifestyle changes. After my doctor said I have high blood pressure at 32 years old and I had to lose some weight. I began September 2010 then I quit and really didn't get serious until January 2011 (which is when I joined MFP). Six months later (October 2010, Jan 5-June 5, 2011) I attained many non-scale and scale victories. I was determined (others may say obsessed) at reaching goals. I contribute my success to the support from my husband and MFP, changing my eating habits (cutting out my long time love affair to juice/soda), bad snacking, eating out, changing my exercise routine every 2-4 weeks and really pushing myself. I have busted a couple of plateaus along the way with zig-zagging and the Dukan diet. All are explicitly detailed in my blog. I have 8-13 lbs to reach my goal but I'm pretty darn happy where I am now.

My STATS! Height: 5' 3" | Age 33
    Sept 2010 > June 2011
    Weight = (highest weight)158.6 lbs > 133.4 lbs
    Waist = 38 in > 27.25 in
    Hips = 39 in > 34.75 in
    Arms = L: 11.5 in/ R: 12 in > L & R: 10.25 in
    Thighs = L & R: 23 in > L: 21 in/ R: 21.5 in
    Pants/Dress size 10 > size 4

Total Weight loss: 25.2 lbs
    Total Inches loss: 22 in
    Body Fat loss: Feb. 2010 - 29% > May 2011 - 25.6%

BTW - I love MFP and my favorite Pals!!! Pictures speak louder than words. Best advice I received was to eat clean, monitor sodium, sugar, and carbs, increase my protein, decrease carbs (try to avoid after 4pm), kick your own butt in your workouts, and constantly challenge yourself! These results did not happen by accident - I worked for it and am truly blessed!

Picture 1 > Before pics taken before I completed Insanity for 63 days September 26, 2010 @ 158.2 lbs
    BeforePics_9_28_2010.jpg

Picture 2 > When I realized I look big even in black! December 25, 2010 (I didn't know my weight at the time)
    DSC_0105.jpg

Picture 3 > Me today at 133.4 lbs!
    June52011ProgPics-1.jpg

Picture 4 > One of my goals was to fit into my size 4 wedding dress from September 29, 2001 before my 10 year wedding anniversary!
    DSC_0095-1.jpg

Thanks for reading my story :wink:

I appreciate you for posting this Success Story!!!! 

Thank you for sharing ALL of your advice!

Bump this to save for Later!

Elephantbutt.gif

What a Great Transformation you have accomplished!!!

You are and have been my 1st Biggest Inspirational MFP Friends. since I started My Fitness Pal!!

You set a Phenomenal & Perfect example of the highest quintessential level of commitment here on MFP!

That's "Dedication" at it's Ultimate Best!!!

You give a new meaning to "Fabulosity"!!

Its Success Stories like yours that help me stay determined & motivated!

What an inspiration you are for me to continue to keep working steadfast towards my Ultimate Goal! 

Thank you for the support and friendship thoughtout my journey thus far!

I look forward to traveling the remainder of our Journeys' together!

I am so very Blessed to have you as a MFP friend!

You look Gorgeous in your Wedding Dress! - After pictures!

Best wishes & continued success on your journey to a Healthier Lifestyle & skinnier You! 

Stay encouraged & steadfast to your Daily "Dedication" to a Healthier Lifestyle! 

I know your family & friends are so very proud of you! 

I pray that God would give you unprecedented favor in every aspect of your Healthy Life!

Be Blessed in health, healing, and wholeness! (¯`’•.¸(†♥†)¸.•’´¯)
    Have a Blessed and Prosperous Day! AMEN † ♥♥CYBER HUGz♥♥ (((((HUGGIN' YOU!)))))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!