for ladies - that time of the month

MEFME
MEFME Posts: 16 Member
hey girls, any suggestions as to what to do when you crave all those sweets and rich foods around that time of the month? it just want to go for it!

Replies

• SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    I started taking chromium. I have no desire for sugar or rich foods at all, any time of the month!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    As my eating habits improved and I began consistently exercising the cravings for certain foods or for large amounts of food during TOM quit. I don't know why, but I noticed it. I used to just want to eat, eat, eat, and eat some more. Usualy chocolate or salty stuff, but I don't anymore at all.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    I keep a ton of oikos frozen non fat yogurt in different flavors... 100 calories per serving and totally satisfying.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    I go for Greek yogurt and fruit now.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I started taking chromium. I have no desire for sugar or rich foods at all, any time of the month!

Educate me. How does this work (and yes I know I could look this up on the internet but I figure you probably have a much faster/shorter answer! LOL)?
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    I tell myself no.
    And there are always alternative healthy choices for what I crave....chocolate, I get sugar free jello pudding, mix in 1/4 scoop chocolate whey and let it sit for 5 min. Boom.
    I never look at my sodium, I drink so much water when I eat it to flush it out, but thats just me.....don't do that if its against drs orders.
  • Peanut butter seems to be my goto if I'm craving something salty / sweet. I'll pair it with celery, usually.
    Otherwise I tell myself no and do something that keeps my mind off of the cravings.
  • For myself, I tend to get thirstier when that shows up. I used to kill a whole 2 liter in one day. Now, if I tried to do that I'd be sick. I've switched from 2 liter of soda pop to a 2 liter of sparkling water, I still get the carbonation with out having soda.
    For the most to deal with my hunger/thirst I have a protein shake. I get the unflavored protein powder, use Nesquick powder for flavor and a little sugar. But, I put in Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice and turmeric(only a dash). If I feel like it I will add a teaspoon of Honey. Yes, I do use Skim/Fat Free Milk.

I am open for other ideas.

Another way of stating, I do tend to over do it on the starches I.e Pasta, Potatoes....
    When ever I have those with my meal, Since I am unable to do regular exercise, I have my fiancee go for a walk with me after we eat.
  • Excepticon
    Excepticon Posts: 83 Member
    I feel like I'm the only person who eats better during TOM... I used to crave chocolate ice cream and red wine, but it seems like now that I've been exercising regularly I don't crave them as much. I don't understand the logic behind it, but it's true.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    I crave chocolate and peanut butter. I eat PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and I allow myself a few blocks of dark chocolate. I make myself drink lots of extra water during that time as well.
  • MEFME
    thanks girls! I'll check out the chromium. I think today I'm going to have to give in tho! But hopefully all the exercise Will counteract it lol!
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Well I guess I'm an exception to the rule. I don't crave, I don't bloat, I don't cramp or even have mood changes. Only reason Hubby knows is that he either sees the tampons or I tell him first. But I did use to eat a lot of vegemite on toast back when I was younger. Lots of vitamin Bs. But it is an acquired taste if you did not grow up with it. I love it.
  • MEFME
    I love pb2! it saves tons of calorie s and fat!
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Go to the gym when craving :) Or eat some fruit!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    I just had 2 tangerines and a banana
    Fruit and plenty of water satisfy my cravings :)