what was your christmas nsv?

Options
Mine was having my sister noticing and surprised i was a size 8 australian

Replies

• natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    great nsv!!! mine was having my father in law over for dinner, genuine comment on how much i've lost (and on my cooking skills with the turkey later that night!) FIL is not one to dish out compliments easily!
  • ntaylorut
    ntaylorut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine was having one of my wife's aunts tell me that I better stop losing weight because I was starting to look sickly. I laughed and told her that I still had 10 pounds to go. Then I realized that she was serious after she started getting upset at me for still wanting to lose more.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Every other pic with me in wasn't so bad :p Even the fam commented on their favs :)
  • froheadedyeti
    Options
    My mom gave me a pair of sleepypants and when I put them on last night I thought they were a little snug and I probably wouldn't wear them all that often. This morning I thought to check the size on them and they're a size 's'. Given that I'm 6'2 and weigh about 200 pounds (as of this morning) I was blown away that I could get them around my thighs much less wear them and have them feel 'a little snug'. A year ago they probably wouldn't have fit over my knees.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    My husband finally using a picture of me as the background on his phone (this probably sounds like a silly NSV, but I generally hate how I look in pictures, so this is huge)! It took 10 years, but I made it! :)
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Getting the flu!
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does working out after a gigantic xmas dinner count? Lol, i don't normally do that.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Getting the flu!

lolwut?
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Noticing I need to get my rear in gear... that's kinda like one. :P
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I gained over 10 lbs in less than 48 hours.

I did a lot of eating. :smile:
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Mine was a sad NSV: being smaller than my 19yo son :( He has gained all the weight I've lost
    since June 2012.. He doesn't live at home, and when I saw him this christmas my heart broke
    for him. He's a smart kid, but stubborn and in denial.

A positive NSV: wearing my first REAL pair of jeans (size 16) AND with a belt since I was 20.
    Knowing I wouldn't be ashamed to be in the family photos this year for a change.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I didn't run from the cameras this year and was told that I was the most photogenic in the family. Also wore a size 10 instead of a 16 or 18!
  • elebel82
    elebel82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had a couple. Going for 2 decent length runs on Christmas day (doubly so because it's the first time I've run outside as opposed to the treadmill)

Logging throughout Christmas and not getting too carried away (or caught up in the "I must eat all of the food" mindset.)

My dad noticed I'd lost weight and looked good. My dad is 66yo, half blind, self obsessed, and never notices anything.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    My flat tummy was noticed, and I was told I look great in my skinny jeans. Woot! :)
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I danced for probably 3 hours straight and was the only one never wanting to quit. Yes we were all alcohol fueled, but I was the one who insisted on dropping to the ground to show everyone all the pushups I could do. Embarrassingly funny, but one of the best nights of my life. So much fun not being someone who sits on the sidelines of life because she is too out of shape (like I have been for the last 15 years...) I was SO SORE the next day! And loved it.
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I got a pair of size 14 jeans and 16 black dress pants for Christmas. When I started my journey in early August I wore a size 20W. I no longer have to go to the plus size store or area of the store. 41 pounds gone since Aug. 8th! I also joined a gym on Nov. 30th. My brother in law said I was looking good! HAHA
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother commenting secretly that I look like I've lost weight.
    Why yes, thanks for noticing :D
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I was hungover the day after.

No not from alcohol, from SUGAR,

So my NSV for christmas was the physical proof that my body is 10x better off now that I've given up sugar. 1 plate of dessert and I was physically ill all of the next day. Crazy!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I sat through all of Django Unchained without having to pee.*

* well, i had to go REALLY BAD by the time it was over
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!