Losing weight to qualify for weight loss surgery.

It has been a little over a month since I had a meeting with a wieght loss surgery team. Trying to make lots of changes so I can qualify for surgery in 2013.

Replies

• Hey Sheri. Best of luck to you :)
  • You don't need surgery. If you're able to lose weight to be able to get a weight loss surgery, I'm sure you can do it without it. Why spend the extra money to do that.
  • Sheri, go for it. I had an RNY-gastric bypass this past July. I weighed 267 at discharge and now I am at 199. I still have a way to go..but I feel so much better. Good Luck! You can do it!!!!:smile::smile:
  • sheripamela
    sheripamela Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks...it is nice to hear from someone who has been there.
  • sheripamela
    I hear you..I seem to be able to lose weight. It is the keeping it off that is killing me.
  • sheripamela
    Thanks so much. Down 25 lbs so far.
  • My b/f is having weight loss surgery as well. He will be meeting with his dietitian and social worker etc sometime in Feb! We went to the information session and my goodness, it was a huge eye opener even for myself. He will be joining me with my weight loss journey so that hopefully he is down a few lbs before his surgery and better prepared for his healthy life after surgery. From what I understand from the session, it is best you get yourself eating probably now, working out as much as you can so that once you are able to after the surgery, you can get right into your now normal healthy routine. Best of luck to you!
  • sheripamela
    I went in to this thinking I would be a easy, quick fix. It is not. I still need to put in the work. I have lost over 100 lbs before but I have put it all back one. I need help keeping it off this time.
  • A lot of people go in thinking its a quick fix but then realize it is in deed a lot of hard work and hard changes. I know when we went to the session we had a gentleman who sat in the front and said at the start "There is nothing that is going to stop me now! I am determined and will do whatever you tell me I need to do for surgery" then by the end of the session he decided against it for now. There are just so many restrictions that you have to face with the surgery.
    You just need to believe in yourself. You CAN do it! As long as you want it bad enough, stick to the mind frame of "I WILL do this!" Stick around here and you will be able to find tons of support I am sure!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Good luck!

I qualified, and my doctor ordered it due to some issues, but my company (job, not insurance) refuses to cover any part of it so I never got it done.
  • sheripamela
    I am so sorry
  • sheripamela
    Thank you for the encouragement

Thank you for your kind words.:happy: