HELP my calves are huge

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I put my profile pic of my huge calves, legs for that matter. I bought an elliptical for my house , will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

I saw your profile pic the other day, I am so jealous of your calves. Why do you want to make them smaller? I want to make mine bigger.
    I don't mind how they look but jeans are really tight in the calf and I can't wear boots. I want them just a little smaller. My boyfriends are about 12" so he looks tiny when we are both wearing shorts
    12" inch calves? He looks tiny because he has scrawny legs. Your calves aren't too big, his are too small. That's the danger of comparing yourself to other people, it warps your perception. As food for thought, I'm a male, I have 21" thighs and 17" calves. I wear size 33 regular fit jeans, and they are loose in the calf. Don't look at your boyfriend's calves to decide how big yours should be. If anything, he should work on making his bigger (in my opinion, of course.)
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I put my profile pic of my huge calves, legs for that matter. I bought an elliptical for my house , will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

I saw your profile pic the other day, I am so jealous of your calves. Why do you want to make them smaller? I want to make mine bigger.
    I don't mind how they look but jeans are really tight in the calf and I can't wear boots. I want them just a little smaller. My boyfriends are about 12" so he looks tiny when we are both wearing shorts
    lol that's true
    12" inch calves? He looks tiny because he has scrawny legs. Your calves aren't too big, his are too small. That's the danger of comparing yourself to other people, it warps your perception. As food for thought, I'm a male, I have 21" thighs and 17" calves. I wear size 33 regular fit jeans, and they are loose in the calf. Don't look at your boyfriend's calves to decide how big yours should be. If anything, he should work on making his bigger (in my opinion, of course.)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    12 inch calves on a man....
  • mgloreth
    Options
    I'll trade you. My nickname is toothpick legs
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    I'll trade you. My nickname is toothpick legs
    lol. I want them a bit smaller but not that tiny
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    don't train them if you don't want them getting bigger but having big muscular calves is far better than having big flabby calves. my calves touch when I walk too but they're flabby down to my ankles sigh.

btw, aren't big calves genetic? lots of people would kill to have your calves.
  • brtrentgl
    Options
    don't train them if you don't want them getting bigger but having big muscular calves is far better than having big flabby calves. my calves touch when I walk too but they're flabby down to my ankles sigh.

lol, if they get any bigger I don't know what I would do
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

lol, if they get any bigger I don't know what I would do

Don't specifically train them, then.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    will that thin out my legs. I still want them strong, I'm proud of that

You can have thin legs or strong legs. You can't have both.

+1
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    If you don't like your body, put in the work to change what you can, and accept what you can't change. You are not going to get any "help" in regards to this from anyone but yourself or a plastic surgeon, to be blunt.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This is the third post of yours I've read talking about specific body parts. Boobs, legs in general, and now calves. I'm not sure what kind of answers you're looking for.

You want big boobs, skinny legs, and less calf muscle? Might want to take a hard look at those goals and make sure you aren't idealizing an impossible body type.

**edited for errant apostrophe.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't have calves, I have steer.

I have pretty big, well defined calves and never train them. It is genetic. At the gym people ask me and my trainer what I do to work them, my response is always 4" heels for 10 hours a day ;)
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Don't see the problem with your legs. I think it's sexy, and you'd probably be able to handle going on a hike with me. Most people can't. I think a gal being able to hang on one of my hikes is the sexiest thing in the world, and if her large calf muscles are part of her ability to do so, damn them are some sexy legs!! hehehe
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14.5" which seems big compared to others, but I have always received compliments on them. Like you, I'm tall, and I think smaller legs would look silly on me... Especially with my size 9.5 shoe and 37" inseam:o
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with your calves. Judging from your profile photo I'd say they're mostly genetic and pretty much all muscle so there isn't really much you can do to slim them down. But then again, why would you want to? They look great. My advise to you is to just forget the boots. And I'm sure there are jeans that can fit over large calves. I've seen lots of women with large calves wearing jeans that fit them perfectly. As for the boots, you'll just have to accept that maybe you're not a "boot" girl. Instead of focusing on the negatives, rather focus on the positive aspects of having strong muscular calves, like getting compliments, being able to push your way up hills when others are struggling and the fact that lots of women (and men) out there wish they had legs like yours, You might also find that your calves are actually stronger than those of most guys. Don't be surprised if you can do more calf raises with heavier weights than most guys. Having big, strong muscular calves has many positive benefits, which I believe far outweigh the negatives. You'd do yourself a lot of good by focusing on those instead of the negatives.
  • gunnardalen
    Options
    good new year..:)

just read some treads...you mustnt change a thing how you look..you legs looks so fine...and that they are so big..its so sexy...and the shape of them is just awsome.....
  • gunnardalen
    Options
    I have allways wonderd if my legs are thin or normal...im 5.11 and 160 lbs...my thighs are 18 inches, calves 12 inch and my ankles is 7.5 inches...is there any women who are bigger then me.?
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I have allways wonderd if my legs are thin or normal...im 5.11 and 160 lbs...my thighs are 18 inches, calves 12 inch and my ankles is 7.5 inches...is there any women who are bigger then me.?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not quite as tall as you though. I'm 5.7. But I have the same problem with my legs, especially my calves. I have 13 inch calves which is quite tiny by most standards. My girlfriend's calves on the one hand are 18 inches of solid muscle and they're hard as rock. And she doesn't even work out that much. I quite envy her I must say. They're actually the same size as your thighs, how weird is that? I do wish I could trade with some of the ladies on this site who're forever complaining about how big and muscular their calves are.
  • brtrentgl
    brtrentgl Posts: 130
    Options

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not quite as tall as you though. I'm 5.7. But I have the same problem with my legs, especially my calves. I have 13 inch calves which is quite tiny by most standards. My girlfriend's calves on the one hand are 18 inches of solid muscle and they're hard as rock. And she doesn't even work out that much. I quite envy her I must say. They're actually the same size as your thighs, how weird is that? I do wish I could trade with some of the ladies on this site who're forever complaining about how big and muscular their calves are.
    sorry I like having calf muscles, maybe just a bit smaller, not much